Price Drop - May 17, 2014 Sunshine

GAMOM4

I had been watching the prices since last night ... I have a balcony on the Lido Deck .. did not want to change cabins or I could have probably really saved some money ...but this morning the sail from Florida rate was lower than what I paid and I am paid in full and tips have been paid in full .... so I submitted a price protection form about 10:00 a.m. and I just got the confirmation that I received the OBC ...:)

What I don't understand is the price difference was $130 and they gave me $125.62 .. I am not complaining though ... but why does a price drop make the taxes, fees & port charges go up? Of course I have been on cruises before where we would get a credit while onboard due to a reduction in taxes, fees, & port charges....just confusing ... but I am still happy :)

Anytime you match prices, they will apply the current going rate for the taxes if the taxes are higher. I don't think they give you more back if the taxes have dropped though. I guess that the logic is that someone booking today would pay that exact price, down to the penny, so that's what you pay. A price drop doesn't make taxes go up. The taxes had already gone up, but you were still holding onto the lower taxes from when you booked. And as a side note, the port fees are actually hidden within the cruise fare, & are not included in the taxes & fees part.

Anytime you match prices, they will apply the current going rate for the taxes if the taxes are higher. I don't think they give you more back if the taxes have dropped though. I guess that the logic is that someone booking today would pay that exact price, down to the penny, so that's what you pay. A price drop doesn't make taxes go up. The taxes had already gone up, but you were still holding onto the lower taxes from when you booked. And as a side note, the port fees are actually hidden within the cruise fare, & are not included in the taxes & fees part.

What is the best way to search for the price change? I've been checking the Carnival website each day, but nothing yet.