Christmas on Board Royal Caribbean

Its not going to be Disney like and it will also depend somewhat on the ship you select. Are you thinking big as in Oasis or Allure? Obviously those two have a lot to offer for adults and kids. Royal is well known for all the activities available for kids of all ages on their ships.

The only ones available from Australia that time of year is Rhapsody and Voyager so it would be one of them

The ships start decorating the sailing after Thanksgiving. We have sailed that week twice, and by the end of the week, the ship is fully decorated, trees and trim everywhere.

Not sure that anything else special is done during December, but the ship will look pretty

The ships are decorated very nicely. Santa pays a visit Christmas morning with gifts for the Kids. There is a special menu in the MDR for that day. There is carolling at different times.

Not sure what they do in Adeventure Ocean for the kids.

Spot on by the above poster. This was my experience on Radiance Dec 2012... The Centrum is decorated with a massive Xmas tree, lights, nativity scene, etc. Xmas eve was nice, Xmas carol event in the Centrum (very cool singing carols with a thousand other people!). Santa and elves hand out gifts Xmas morning. I have no clue what happened in Adventure Ocean, but I cant believe that it wouldn't be Xmas themed as was the rest of the ship.

One of my favorite Xmas days ever... after watching the santa stuff a bit and having breakfast, heading up to pool deck at 11am to sit by the pool in 90 degree perfect sunny weather while sailing through the Whitsundays. Kids, teens and adults alike were all in a great mood for sure. :D:D:D

The ships are decorated very nicely. Santa pays a visit Christmas morning with gifts for the Kids. There is a special menu in the MDR for that day. There is carolling at different times.

Not sure what they do in Adeventure Ocean for the kids.

We did it once, simply because it fit into the schedule of our friends for their first experience cruising. It was very nice, incredibly decorated, it was the musical theme of the cruise with some other music very limitedly interspersed.

Only downer was that on Christmas day we were in port, and most of the port shops were closed and many cruisers were disappointed. Not me, however.

Upbeat holiday spirit was EVERYWHERE.....and it was fun, even if it was not 'your holiday'.

The only ones available from Australia that time of year is Rhapsody and Voyager so it would be one of them

Ok. Royal decorates for the holidays and does a nice job. I would cruise on Voyager. Its a larger ship, has a lot of fun things for the kids to do. There will be a promenade parade, they have an ice show and times when the kids can ice skate. They have the rock climbing wall and the Voyager class of ships have been adding the flowrider during drydocks. I believe Voyager was just updated or will be before you cruise. We have been on both ships and with kids Voyager will have much more to offer.