Belize municipal airport

kcb911

How likely is it to be able to walk up and buy 2 tickets from Belize Municipal to San Pedro? I'm a little hesitant to book in advance in case we don't make port for whatever reason or are running late that morning. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I tried that and got an answer that made no sense (some other itinerary and price). I was just hoping somebody here could tell me they had done it, or the airstrip is busy on cruise ship days...

I had hoped that Wade would jump in here because he works for Tropic Air, but since he didn't, I will answer. Tropic air flies hourly to San Pedro. You do not list when your cruise is so the only question I would have, are you going to be there on a holiday when everyone wants to go to San Pedro. If not, then you should have no problem. BUT I do not believe that Tropic requires even your credit card to make a reservation. I think you can make a reservation and just pay when you get to the desk. You may have to call to make this reservation, but there is an 800 number. I think if you use the online site, they do ask for a credit card but I could be wrong there. With an unpaid reservation, they hold your seat until 30-45 minutes before the flight. I live in San Pedro and I usually call the day before, but I know many people just show up and get on a plane and if not that one, the one the next hour. From International they just keep adding planes. This is not true from Municipal. So check to see if it is a Belize holiday that you are going to be there or post your date and I will tell you if you are likely to have a problem, or just make a reservation for the day and time you want. Once you get there, you can make a DEFINITE return time as that is the most important reservation.

Have a great time in San Pedro.

Janice

Janice,

Thank you so much! We will be there April 30th. I will call and see if they will take the reservation the way you mentioned. That would be great! We are planning to take the earliest tender (Princess shows us in port at 6am ship time, so should be plenty early for the 7:30 flight).