huevos rancheros ????

jaxkai

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2014 at 10:52 PM, jaxkai said:

im still laffing at the thought of someone not wanting an egg on it, although i guess some people dont do eggs and it would taste good without but i tihnk it should have a different name if there is no "heuvos" involved.

my daughter is laffing on the phone that the first person to respond was from canada and even there knew it came with an egg.

atleast this should be a flameless thread and give everyone a good laugh:) thanks for all the responses so far.

And here's me, being the odd ball out... I order mine without the eggs on it.  Simply because the first time I tried it (and I was soooo excited to try it) the eggs were over easy... Something I totally did not expect and it ruined the dish for me (I had to send it back un-eaten).  The second time, I thought I was smart and ordered it with an egg fried hard....  nope, still had a runny yolk.  My parents taught me to never give up, so the third time, I ordered it with the egg fried hard ON THE SIDE, no egg on my rancheros, please.   And OMG... perfection!  Third times the charm.  I eat it like that every since, 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like runny/dippy eggs either but do enjoy a fried egg where the yolk and white are mixed together before frying (like a cross between scrambled and omelet).  I'm usually able to explain it to the guys at BI and really enjoy the fried egg with everything else.