Tell me about dining...

luv2sleep

We are sailing on Carnival for the first time ever. So excited! I've only been on Disney so far. We are on the Carnival Inspiration for 4 nights in July out of Long Beach.

I chose early dining. What time is that? Where will we eat dinner?

What about breakfast and lunch? What about snacks?

Is room service free?

What drinks are free? We don't drink soda. I drink ice tae and juice. My son drinks milk and lemonade.

I heard something somewhere about soft serve? Is that on the pool deck? Is it free?

Is there free coffee?

How much is the steakhouse? Is it worth it? Can kids go?

Just trying to figure out what I can expect to pay for and what I won't have to.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

oh i just love when i am filled with all the questions about a cruise :)

i think early dining is around 6, room service is free i think before midnight but a trip is nice, soft serve is free usually in one or two places... the coffee cups are really nice to put it in :) regular coffee is free. tea is free, juice is free but they change out the types around brunch time.

steak house is yummy i think different ones are different prices with 35.00 being the cheapest, it is a pretty long meal but im sure kids go. you eat in main dining room or the buffett or a slew of other places, you can eat 24 hours a day :)

others will give you more info, you will love it and have the best time , good luck

We are sailing on Carnival for the first time ever. So excited! I've only been on Disney so far. We are on the Carnival Inspiration for 4 nights in July out of Long Beach.

I chose early dining. What time is that? Where will we eat dinner? 6 pm, main dinning room. It will be on your Sign and sail card.

What about breakfast and lunch? What about snacks? Main Dinning Room is open for breakfast all mornings except on sea days they have a brunch from 8:30 to 2, not positive about the hours. Buffet is open for lunch and dinner on all days. Pizza is open 24 hours. Room service is also 24 hours. There is also a deli you can get sandwiches.

Is room service free? Yes, but tip a couple bucks.What drinks are free? We don't drink soda. I drink ice tae and juice. My son drinks milk and lemonade. Coffee, tea and some juices are available all day.

I heard something somewhere about soft serve? Is that on the pool deck? Is it free? Located on Lido near the buffet

Is there free coffee? Yes, plus extra charge specialty coffee.

How much is the steakhouse? Is it worth it? Can kids go? $35 per person, very good, long, maybe think about leaving kids in kids club.Just trying to figure out what I can expect to pay for and what I won't have to.

Thanks!

Happy cruising

Thank you both! I think I'll skip the steakhouse. I don't want a long meal. I'm going to have to start looking at a ship's map!

I know everything about Disney. This is literally a whole new world. Lots to learn! :)

Thank you both! I think I'll skip the steakhouse. I don't want a long meal. I'm going to have to start looking at a ship's map!

I know everything about Disney. This is literally a whole new world. Lots to learn! :)

There is no steak house on the Inspiration so no worries there.:)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Bill

There is no steak house on the Inspiration so no worries there.:)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Bill

Good to know! One less thing to plan for. :)

Of course you can order milk, lemonade, ice tea or coffee in the main dining room as well for free. If you like a certain juice that they serve for breakfast I would suggest bringing a water bottle to fill up and take back to your room. They will serve ice tea and lemonade later in the day. Or you can order room service if there is something that is not out that you want or just ask, they may be able to get it for you.

Of course you can order milk, lemonade, ice tea or coffee in the main dining room as well for free. If you like a certain juice that they serve for breakfast I would suggest bringing a water bottle to fill up and take back to your room. They will serve ice tea and lemonade later in the day. Or you can order room service if there is something that is not out that you want or just ask, they may be able to get it for you.

So glad I started reading these boards. This will be our 4th cruise and we have never even thought to ask for milk / lemonade / ice tea during dinner in the main dining room. Always just drank the water. Traveling with others this time and one of the guests is a HUGE milk drinker at every meal, so good to know!

So if you are on the pool deck and are thirsty, are there drink stations to get drinks? Or do you have to leave and go to the buffett to get them? Are there water fountains on the pool deck? Or do I make sure to carry bottles water with me? My son drinks a lot of water.

Edited by luv2sleep

So if you are on the pool deck and are thirsty, are there drink stations to get drinks? Or do you have to leave and go to the buffett to get them? Are there water fountains on the pool deck? Or do I make sure to carry bottles water with me? My son drinks a lot of water.

You'll go to the buffet to fill your bottles.

Be sure that you don't fill the bottle directly from the dispenser, fill a glass and then fill the bottle without touching the glass to the bottle lip.

Water bottles it is! Thank you! Will do that.

You're allowed to carry on water bottles. I think you could get by with a whole case. I've seen many people tape a luggage tag to a well wrapped case and even have it delivered to your room! On your first day you might try asking a pool bar for ice water and see what happens. Depends on how busy they are. FYI, two machines, yogurt and ice cream soft serve. Very good lemonade, bring a insulated drinking bottle for ice team and lemonade by the pool!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Edited by sunnydaygirl

Actually we usually just get stuff from the drink stations. However, for Carnival I'll just carry water and we can have lemonade, milk and tea at meals. We drink mostly water on a regular basis even at home between meals so it will be fine.

You're allowed to carry on water bottles. I think you could get by with a whole case. I've seen many people tape a luggage tag to a well wrapped case and even have it delivered to your room! On your first day you might try asking a pool bar for ice water and see what happens. Depends on how busy they are. FYI, two machines, yogurt and ice cream soft serve. Very good lemonade, bring a insulated drinking bottle for ice team and lemonade by the pool!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

That is no longer allowed. You now have to carry it on yourself.

Is the ships waste ok to drink? We are fine with it on Disney. Tastes fine.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Might want to filter it first... :D

On the other hand, if you meant the ship's water, then yes it's perfectly fine.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Might want to filter it first... :D

On the other hand, if you meant the ship's water, then yes it's perfectly fine.

Wow, really? We are not picky and from an environmental perspective I don't buy bottled water. We have an RO filer at home and use reusable water bottles. We are also public water fountain drinkers. We are not picky. On Disney the water is also RO filtered and tastes good. Does carnival not do the same?

luv2sleep:

Reread the part of your post that I quoted and my response.

I think you missed the joke regarding your typo/autocorrect, and thus misunderstood the rest of what I wrote.

Short version: ship's water is fine, I don't carry or buy bottled water on cruises.

Edited by dd2355

luv2sleep:

Reread the part of your post that I quoted and my response.

I think you missed the joke regarding your typo/autocorrect, and thus misunderstood the rest of what I wrote.

Short version: ship's water is fine, I don't carry or buy bottled water on cruises.

Ah I missed that down below part. The app I think. Thanks!!!