Allure of the seas

Just booked Allure of the Seas for aug 3. Need any recommendations anyone has

Shows? Do you need reservations?

Any speciality restaurant a must?

Things to do in st Thomas or at Martin?

Thoughts on Drink packages?

We like to drink but were thinking of sneaking some on.

Thanks. Everyone on here always has great advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree that shows should be booked in advance. Comedy Club was a much smaller space. Overall I would rather change something once onboard, but start off with show times of my preference. I would book shows and then once on board do specialty restaurants. We went to 150 which was a wonderful meal. Also enjoyed Izumi the sushi, asian restaurant. That too was a good meal. The space was fairly small so reservations would help.

What about special restaurants? Worth it ?

We were on the Allure 2 weeks ago and ate at the following specialty restaurants:

Samba Grill (Brazilian steakhouse): liked this a lot.

Chops: This was an average steak (did not purchase the higher priced, dry-aged steak).

Izumi: did the "hot rock" which was a lot of fun. 575 degree rock put in front of you and you cook your veggies / meat on it.

Rita's Cantina: did the Fiesta party meal. Fun w/ dancing on the Boardwalk after appetizers. Mexican meal: Good appetizers, chicken & steak Fajitas, selection of deserts. You get 3 alcoholic drinks or 3 non-alcoholic depending on the ticket you buy.

Johnny Rockets: always a good burger, cheese fries w/ bacon, onion rings, and shakes.

Only one I would have skipped is Chops Grill. Enjoy your trip!!!

When you did the "Hot Rock" at Izumi, did the food get cooked completely? I ask because we might go there because my son likes sushi but I do not and have never heard of hot rock cooking. Thank you.

We never do any specialty dining and think the MDR food is great. I'm sure the specialty restaurants are awesome, but it always seems odd to me that so many people pay so much extra to do specialty dining multiple times on a cruise (sometimes every night!) when they already paid thousands of dollars. To each his own.

If you're a beach lover, try Magens Bay in St. Thomas and Orient Beach in St. Maarten.

I've already made all my show reservations for the cruise. I haven't done the specialty restaurants because I want to use OBC. I've also completed the on-line Documentation.

I guess you can tell I'm counting down to Cruise Day!

:)

Just booked Allure of the Seas for aug 3. Need any recommendations anyone has

Shows? Do you need reservations?

Any speciality restaurant a must?

Things to do in st Thomas or at Martin?

Thoughts on Drink packages?

We like to drink but were thinking of sneaking some on.

Thanks. Everyone on here always has great advice.

-

looks like you are going eastern. I did an Allure review - allure 1-6-13 with pictutes - and just came off the Oasis Eastern and did a review on Oasis. You can click on the link below and see this review. I have many pictures of the food in the specailty restaurants and review of the ports.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!

When you did the "Hot Rock" at Izumi, did the food get cooked completely? I ask because we might go there because my son likes sushi but I do not and have never heard of hot rock cooking. Thank you.

Yes it cooks it completely. I am not a fan of sushi either. I had the seafood hot rock which included salmon, scallops, and shrimp. It comes with white rice or fried rice. The rock stays hot for a long time so you can cook it as much as you want. I actually over-cooked my salmon a bit.

They have a couple of complimentary items on the menu such as edamame and miso soup. Otherwise you pay per item on the menu.

Reserve all shows. The outdoor show is amazing.

Some fun excursions are segway in St. Martin and swimming with Sea Lions in St. Thomas. If you've never been to St. Thomas, it has a fun downtown for lunch and shopping, and it's a short ride from the docks.

We enjoyed Giovanni's Table the most, and went twice. Chops was very nice and Izumi was ok, nothing special. 150 looks amazing but the menu doesn't work for our dietary restrictions. Rita's fieta was fun but tacky and food was mediocre. Vintages has very nice tapas...we went there for wine and a quiet light lunch on boarding day, as it was packed at Park Cafe and Windjammer.

IMO the drink packages are bad value if you drink moderately. On Allure, I'm glad I got the soda package, as they have the creative Coke machines, but the machines aren't in the best location if you are at the pool all day...you either have to get dressed to go into the Windjammer, or you can go in your swimwear to the back of the ship to the Wipeout Cafe....there are other machines on the promenade.

Is the aqua show the same each day or different?

If you're asking if it's the same act at every performance, the answer is yes. Otherwise, you need to be more specific with your question.

Edited by Erik101

Is the aqua show the same each day or different?

If you are looking at the schedule of shows and see "Ocean Aria" showing on different days, that would be the same show all those days. However, when we were on Allure, there was one other show (name escapes me) at the Aquatheater which was different than Ocean Aria, and was first come, first served (no advance reservations).

If you are looking at the schedule of shows and see "Ocean Aria" showing on different days, that would be the same show all those days. However, when we were on Allure, there was one other show (name escapes me) at the Aquatheater which was different than Ocean Aria, and was first come, first served (no advance reservations).

Was it "Let You Entertain Me?" Just a guess.