Celebrity suite vs. Royal suite on Connie?

sunshine nana

For a few hundred dollars, we can get a Royal suite instead of a Celebrity suite on the Constellation for a 5 night cruise next year. I have never cruised in anything higher than an S1 which we liked, but we wanted to have a separate bedroom. We like the fact that the Celebrity suite seems to jut out giving a view forward and aft from the balcony and we like being on the 8th deck. The Royal would have more room and a hot tub on the balcony, but it is on deck 6 and does not seem to have a forward and aft view.

Can anyone give advice? Thanks.

For a few hundred dollars, we can get a Royal suite instead of a Celebrity suite on the Constellation for a 5 night cruise next year. I have never cruised in anything higher than an S1 which we liked, but we wanted to have a separate bedroom. We like the fact that the Celebrity suite seems to jut out giving a view forward and aft from the balcony and we like being on the 8th deck. The Royal would have more room and a hot tub on the balcony, but it is on deck 6 and does not seem to have a forward and aft view.

Can anyone give advice? Thanks.

Hi!

We were lucky enough to be in a CS on Summit back in 2003 and a RS also on Summit in 2001. At the time the CS had no balcony which was the only downside to that suite. Those were added last year. In my opinion the CS is a wonderful suite that I would love to sail in again now that the balcony is there. The RS does have the hot tub, but it is really very small, strictly a one person tub and we used it once on our 10 night cruise so that would NOT be a factor in our decision. The CS does have a GREAT view in nearly all directions, better than the RS for sure. The biggest difference to us anyway is the bathroom in the two suites. The RS's is quite large with dual sinks, separate LARGE jetted tub and shower stall. The CS has a nice bathroom with tub/shower combo and you should know it is a DEEP step into that tub, which I know can be a problem for some. The CS bathroom is less than half the size of the RS. If the difference in the cost was quite minimal I might consider the upgrade but frankly on a 5 night cruise I would probably go with the CS and spend the extra $$ somewhere else. Hope that helps.:)

When next year ? Remember after April of 2015 the RS will get a lot more perks that the CS.

• Complimentary Premium Beverage package
  • Complimentary unlimited Specialty Dining
  • Complimentary unlimited Internet access
  • Complimentary mini-bar stocked daily with water, sodas, beer

Thank-you both for the great information. It's before April next year, so the extra RS perks are not a factor. We need to get out of WNY winter in March! I think we will stay with the CS for the great balcony view. DH has always liked the aft cabins on any ship we sailed, so this would be a great compromise. CC is helpful again!

PS: Hi Gracie, I just noticed it was you!

Hi!

You'll love the CS, great suite! We've been on Connie twice since sailing on Equinox with you. Really love the ship. We really enjoy Tuscan Grill on it too, hope you get a chance to try it!!:)

We will be doing our first TA next spring on Eclipse, very excited about it!!

Gracie

The seem to be rolling these perks out quicker than they stated, there are quite a few posts that the Unlimited Internet is already rolling out, I would go for the best suite I could afford, you may get lucky by March next year most of the perks in the RS may be included.

I would hate to see in 6 months that now the RS and above get all those extra perks and know that I could of shelled out a couple hundred more for them only to find out the RS are sold out.

I've sailed both on m class, Royal on Connie and CS on Summit.

I'd book the CS over the Royal on the M class ships. S class, I'd step up to the RS.

For me I like a nice dining table in suite, the S class do not offer one on a CS where the M class do.

With the addition of the veranda to M class CS, I find them quite similar but for the lack of balcony whirlpool (the bathroom still has one) and the separate shower and larger bathroom. But I found the cabin layout better and less cramped in CS, and like that the bedroom was PITCH BLACK when the doors were closed. Also felt the closet space was better utilized in CS - the RS was just a bunch of shelves really, made it hard to find things.

I'd book the CS over the Royal on the M class ships. S class, I'd step up to the RS.

For me I like a nice dining table in suite, the S class do not offer one on a CS where the M class do.

With the addition of the veranda to M class CS, I find them quite similar but for the lack of balcony whirlpool (the bathroom still has one) and the separate shower and larger bathroom. But I found the cabin layout better and less cramped in CS, and like that the bedroom was PITCH BLACK when the doors were closed. Also felt the closet space was better utilized in CS - the RS was just a bunch of shelves really, made it hard to find things.

It has been a while but I thought that there was not a whirlpool in the M-class CS. I had to check our photos for someone a while back and definitely no jets in the photos.

We also very much enjoyed the M-class CS - loved the dark bedroom - but dislike the lack of a table [and frosted glass bedroom walls] on the S-class ship but would not agree that the M-class CS is less cramped. If you move immediately from a RS to CS on an M-class ship, the CS looks and feels tiny in comparison. Without the immediate comparison, the M-class CS is lovely.

If I was the OP, I would probably take the CS unless they were always going to be able to afford a RS in the future or are very strong willed. Whatever people manage to do in their normal lives, it is very difficult to downsize cruise accommodation!

I agree with this opinion wholeheatly until you factor in the added benefits as of April 1 of next year, which can tip the scales toward the RS even on the M-Class ships.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

The seem to be rolling these perks out quicker than they stated, there are quite a few posts that the Unlimited Internet is already rolling out, I would go for the best suite I could afford, you may get lucky by March next year most of the perks in the RS may be included.

I would hate to see in 6 months that now the RS and above get all those extra perks and know that I could of shelled out a couple hundred more for them only to find out the RS are sold out.

Can you point out a post where someone has reported unlimited internet?

We have a couple of 2 week saiilngs booked b2b in a CS that we might upgrade depending on price difference, just for this benefit and the hope we might get some of the other benefits early :D

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

We were in a Royal Suite on the Millenium in March and loved it. Tons of room, tons of storage space, lots of perks (loved the cocktail hour in Captain's Club and dining in the speciality restos and Blu), the incredible butler service. We had breakfast each AM on our huge dining table. Only complaints are minor; interior design is dated (as is true for the rest of the Millenium) and the leather couches are not ergonomically comfortable.

Can you point out a post where someone has reported unlimited internet?

Other than the Reflection Suite on the Reflection (which has always offered this benefit for its $25k price tag per week...) as far as I know, no unlimited internet until April 2015. I think there are some folks who have seen the press releases and benefits sheets and may not have noted the April 2015 start date, assuming it was April of this Year.

Some have found areas on the X website that we all know is completely full of bogus stuff (i.e. it says the Royal suites have baby grand pianos, and all penthouses have security systems, motorized blinds and automated lighting).

I hope to be corrected by someone returning from a cruise before next April to prove out free internet etc. in premium cabins, but believe it will be found that none but Reflection Suite actually deliver that perk until that time.

I really would be interested to see more pictures of the RS on Connie (or M class in general) The pictures currently found by doing a search are so and so.

We are having a RS for a 12 day Baltic cruise on the Connie in a few weeks time.

It has been a while but I thought that there was not a whirlpool in the M-class CS. I had to check our photos for someone a while back and definitely no jets in the photos.

I had to think back, and I was on Summit, and there were indeed jets in the tub, I used it one afternoon...

Here's a link to a thread with pix and confirmation from another cruiser.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36304465

Wonder if this feature varies among M-Class celebrity suites?

I had to think back, and I was on Summit, and there were indeed jets in the tub, I used it one afternoon...

Thanks for confirming that because I was sure we had that in our CS on the SUmmit.

We definitely had jets in the tub of our CS on Millennium too.

Definitely on connie too.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

May be. We have never been on Summit and not been in a CS on Constellation. It may just have been unlucky camera angles - it is not easy to take photos in the CS bathroom.

Thanks for the correction. I hate posting misinformation.

Edited by Project_gal

I took these Photos last month from the Equinox. We were next to the Connie in Cozumel. You can see the RS balcony is larger and has nice loungers and larger table. Hope this helps. :)

DSC00381.jpg.379fbe686c39cc878bd591931b2f2aef.jpg

DSC00383.jpg.8d2daa4a047c4fd16202f194f93a14ae.jpg

Thanks kaz for the neat pictures! Those padded loungers do look tempting. We have decided to stay with the Celebrity suite for the Mar. cruise because DH loves the aft for the view and we will be able to see some forward and aft. Maybe some time when we are traveling with family, we will spring for the RC.

Have sailed the Connie and have had a RS & CS. For a five day cruise nothing beats the view that the CS offers and the outstanding veranda that they have added. I also prefer the walk in closet in the CS. One side for my wife and one side for me. You will get more benefits with a RS, but the view and general openness of the room is much better in a CS.

Have sailed the Connie and have had a RS & CS. For a five day cruise nothing beats the view that the CS offers and the outstanding veranda that they have added. I also prefer the walk in closet in the CS. One side for my wife and one side for me. You will get more benefits with a RS, but the view and general openness of the room is much better in a CS.

Agree!!:)

I really would be interested to see more pictures of the RS on Connie (or M class in general) The pictures currently found by doing a search are so and so.

We are having a RS for a 12 day Baltic cruise on the Connie in a few weeks time.

ImageUploadedByForums1398050192.004651.jpg.32fc438a8c7d95d1a4fcbdee74300337.jpg

Dining area, RS Connie from 2010.... I have more pics if I can figure out how to upload.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014