Reimbursment sent to guest not who paid for the cruise/insurance??

cmitch9999

My friend has the Carnival Vacation Plan insurance. She had to cancel for medical reasons. There were 2 cabins, her husband and her and another cabin for her 32 year old son. When the insurance refunded the part of the cruise that was not refunded by Carnival they sent the check for the son's cabin to him not her. She probably will not see that $$ (I know--rotten kid) The insurance company claims there is a 'fine print' clause in the insurance that states that reimbursment will be made to the guest named on policy if they are over 18. I told her to ask them to send her out that 'fine print' or tell her how/where to locate it in the policy.

Anyone have similar experience with travel insurance reimbursment??

Thanks!!!!!

My friend has the Carnival Vacation Plan insurance. She had to cancel for medical reasons. There were 2 cabins, her husband and her and another cabin for her 32 year old son. When the insurance refunded the part of the cruise that was not refunded by Carnival they sent the check for the son's cabin to him not her. She probably will not see that $$ (I know--rotten kid) The insurance company claims there is a 'fine print' clause in the insurance that states that reimbursment will be made to the guest named on policy if they are over 18. I told her to ask them to send her out that 'fine print' or tell her how/where to locate it in the policy.

Anyone have similar experience with travel insurance reimbursment??

Thanks!!!!!

The "fine print" includes the policy's 5 or 10 page Description of Coverage PLUS maybe 10,000 pages of regulations issued by your state's department of insurance. It's there that you will probably find that the "insured" is the person who is named on the policy, unless that person has signed and submitted to the insurer some sort of "assignment of benefits'. It won't matter who actually paid the premium.

I imagine all payments go to the insured, and it doesn't matter where the money to buy the policy came from. The insurance company has no idea who paid for what; maybe one person purchased the insurance, while everybody paid their own fare... who knows? And doing it differently means you'd have one beneficiary for cancellation claims, and another for, say, trip delay or baggage coverage.

What a horrible child.