Glory Tours-shuttle to to Carlisle Bay

trapezelover

I'm researching for our cruise next year and was looking at the Glory Tours website and saw that for $25 a person we can get a shuttle to Carlisle Bay and back to port, beach chair and umbrella and a free drink. Is this something I can do cheaper on my own? Do they hold chairs for us? Thanks for your help!!

I'm researching for our cruise next year and was looking at the Glory Tours website and saw that for $25 a person we can get a shuttle to Carlisle Bay and back to port, beach chair and umbrella and a free drink. Is this something I can do cheaper on my own? Do they hold chairs for us? Thanks for your help!!

All I can tell you for sure is that we paid 5$ for a taxi back to the port. It sounds like the price would be comparable to what it would cost you to do it on your own. One concideration would be the time frame. With Glory tours are you stuck with a certain time to go and leave? On your own you can go and go back as you wish.

• 3 weeks later...

We were just there. We actually walked to the beach. It took about 20 minutes. $5 for chair, $5 for umbrella beers were $3-4 at Harbor Lights, I think they were more at the boatyard. Some friends took the cab and it was $5

Harbor Lights had free wifi and we liked it because it didn't have the loudspeakers like they had at Boatyard.

The whole bay is really pretty. Can't really go wrong.

We were just there. We actually walked to the beach. It took about 20 minutes. $5 for chair, $5 for umbrella beers were $3-4 at Harbor Lights, I think they were more at the boatyard. Some friends took the cab and it was $5

Harbor Lights had free wifi and we liked it because it didn't have the loudspeakers like they had at Boatyard.

The whole bay is really pretty. Can't really go wrong.

We're planning on walking to the Chocolate Factory for a tour, returning to the ship for an early lunch, and then heading to the beach. Great to read that it's walkable, thanks! :cool:

We were just at Carlise Bay this past Thursday. A Taxi to Carlisle Bay is $5. The Boatyard costs $15 to enter, which includes umbrella and chairs (sit wherever you want, or in a daybed) and a free drink. It also includes a free shuttle back to the pier that leaves every 15 minutes.

They also have some nice specials at the bar (6 Carib beers for $15, and at happy hour which was 11-12, they had 2 for 1 rum punches which made them $2.50 each). Free Wifi, a pier with rope swing/high dive and a couple of large beach floating toys (trampoline, iceberg climb) was a nice benefit...large restrooms and also a decent grill/restaurant to go along with the bar.

Beach vendors were a bit annoying, not much different than other ports...if you do see something you like (souvenirs, jet ski rental, snorkling with turtles) then make sure you haggle/negotiate as they leave a lot of room.