Attention carnival miracle alaska and hawaii 2014 cruisers

PhxRain

Okay, 2 questions:

1. The detailed route info that John Heald posted - can someone experienced in maritime routing tell me if that means the ship is sailing East of Vancouver Island either northbound or southbound?

2. I'm confused about this 25% discount on a future cruise. If I book a cruise, it's only 25% off the first person in the cabin? If there are two of us, the 2nd person pays full price? I am traveling to Alaska with my family; 4 people in a cabin. I thought if I booked another cruise for the 4 of us, I'd get 25% off the total cabin price for all of us. Is that not true?

Thanks everyone!

When I wrote either northbound or southbound, I meant on the 7-day rt from Seattle, but coming or going. The original map for the itinerary showed it going to the west of Vancouver Island at the beginning of the cruise, traveling north, and then to the east (inside), at the end of the cruise, traveling south. Is that what this route is that John Heald posted for the standard 7-day itinerary?

2. I'm confused about this 25% discount on a future cruise. If I book a cruise, it's only 25% off the first person in the cabin? If there are two of us, the 2nd person pays full price? I am traveling to Alaska with my family; 4 people in a cabin. I thought if I booked another cruise for the 4 of us, I'd get 25% off the total cabin price for all of us. Is that not true?

Thanks everyone!

Glad I am not the only one that thought that! You only get 25% off one person's cost (yours). Yes, the 2nd person (and 3rd and 4th in your case) pays the price you see online/get from your PVP. I was bummed out to learn that as well, especially since the fine print doesn't say it, just says once *per booking*, not per person.

Okay, 2 questions:

1. The detailed route info that John Heald posted - can someone experienced in maritime routing tell me if that means the ship is sailing East of Vancouver Island either northbound or southbound?

Thanks everyone!

The way I'd interpret would be a 25% discount if the original 4 go again, they were on the cruise. If another cruise is booked with different people going with you, they don't get the discount as they were not inconvenienced.

We are booked for July and I am pretty upset. The cruise, airfare, hotel, excursions, etc for my family of 4 has been very expensive. It doesn't seem worth it for 2 Alaska ports. The whole idea was to see Alaska. A once in a lifetime trip for us. But now I'm stuck and I am not happy.

I totally agree with you. I also did not get an email, which upsets me as I shouldn't have found out about this change via cruisecritic! (But I'm glad I did.) Having said that, this is our 10th anniversary trip, flying in from the east coast and it was also viewed as an expensive, once in a lifetime trip. The fact that we are only doing 2 Alaska ports is very, very upsetting to me. :( My husband and I are going to have to discuss this to see if it's worth it to us for the rewards they are offering.

im just glad it was ketchikan that was cancelled and not juneau or skagway.. we were only in ketchikan 6 hours..

I agree; plus, if you think about it, ship sails in 6 hours, you have to be on board sooner! So I say really 5...Yes, more time in Juneau is a plus. PLUS if you look at the route we take (what the Captain sent to John Heald) there will much to see!

We are booked for Hawaii in January and haven't heard anything from Carnival about this. Our Daughter's in-laws are booked for Hawaii in December and she called Carnival. They told her all repairs on the Miracle will be completed by September.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Forums mobile app

When I wrote either northbound or southbound, I meant on the 7-day rt from Seattle, but coming or going. The original map for the itinerary showed it going to the west of Vancouver Island at the beginning of the cruise, traveling north, and then to the east (inside), at the end of the cruise, traveling south. Is that what this route is that John Heald posted for the standard 7-day itinerary?

I see no-one has replied. So I'll take a shot at this. I don't know how the cruise was set prior to the propulsion problem, but per John Herald, we will be on the west (ocean-side) of Vancouver Island. The Straits of Georgia look rather narrow so I would be surprised if our initial routing was on the east side of Vancouver Island. Almost as narrow as Tracy Arm except I'm confident the cruise lines know who is in Tracy Arm on any given day. The Straits of Georgia would be navigable for north and southbound traffic.

I see no-one has replied. So I'll take a shot at this. I don't know how the cruise was set prior to the propulsion problem, but per John Herald, we will be on the west (ocean-side) of Vancouver Island. The Straits of Georgia look rather narrow so I would be surprised if our initial routing was on the east side of Vancouver Island. Almost as narrow as Tracy Arm except I'm confident the cruise lines know who is in Tracy Arm on any given day. The Straits of Georgia would be navigable for north and southbound traffic.

The post from John Heald had the routes specified directly from the Captain of the ship. I think if you read it all, and map it out, you will find your answers there. If I recall, there was not a mention of the Straights of Georgia in the Captains routing. I looked at much of the route on Google maps. Of course with any sailing anywhere, route can change due to weather and sea conditions, as he mentions.

Once again, they're offering refunds folks. Consider taking them. Putt putting along slowly will be bad enough going north and south, but across the pacific? Not good. Not to mention 5 days in Hawaii is not worth the passage time. Even 7 days was bare minimum.

Those that don't have ressies, look into these itineraries for some deep discounts. If you find them, take them!

amazingly again Princess is cheaper to HI in Jan for a single inside cabin by more than 20 bux with Breakfast & Lunch every sea day much better than the "BRILLIANT" Brunch CCL has. and the Elite Perks are superior to the diamond perks on CCL

The post from John Heald had the routes specified directly from the Captain of the ship. I think if you read it all, and map it out, you will find your answers there. If I recall, there was not a mention of the Straights of Georgia in the Captains routing. I looked at much of the route on Google maps. Of course with any sailing anywhere, route can change due to weather and sea conditions, as he mentions.

In the route to and from HI weather can be bad in the open ocean