Letter from NCL "myTime" Benefits????

genman36

My wife and I are sailing on the BA on 5/4 in a Haven Penthouse. Today we received an e-mail from NCL containing a letter to us about exclusive myTime benefits. We have never heard of these benefits. BTW - this will be our 1st cruise as Platinum. Is this something new?

Genman.

My wife and I are sailing on the BA on 5/4 in a Haven Penthouse. Today we received an e-mail from NCL containing a letter to us about exclusive myTime benefits. We have never heard of these benefits. BTW - this will be our 1st cruise as Platinum. Is this something new?

Genman.

Would you mind posting the e-mail?

Would you mind posting the e-mail?

Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:15 PM

To: Xxxx xxxxxxxxx

Subject: myTime Benefits - Important Information from Norwegian Cruise Line for Reservation xxxxxxxxx

Dear Valued Guest,

Please review the attached myTime Welcome letter in regards to your booking on the Norwegiam Breakaway.

Sincerely,

Norwegian Cruise Line®

ncl.com

Please do not reply to this email. If there are discrepancies, please contact our Reservation Department at 800-327-7030 for further assistance.

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended only for the person addressed. It may contain confidential information and/or privileged material. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the information from your computer. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.

This is the e-mail body with our info x'd. It contained a PDF letter which I will try to post in the next thread.

Genman.

The text in the letter is below. It was addressed to me with the same name that is on our reservation.

Hello Xxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Thank you for choosing to cruise like a Norwegian aboard the beautiful Norwegian Breakaway for your vacation. We will do everything possible to make your cruise memorable. As New York's ship, Norwegian Breakaway brings the best of NYC to sea from her year-round homeport in Manhattan where she offers the high-caliber dining and entertainment options that New York is known for worldwide. Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with your travel professional to bring you myTime, offering you a wide range of exclusive added values.

Your Enjoyment, Your Relaxation, Your Excitement. Your Time.

Prior to boarding please take advantage of your exclusive myTime benefits. These will only be available to you for purchase prior to your cruise’s departure:

· Ultimate Dining Package Discount. Buy one Ultimate Dining Package at regular price ($119), get the second at 50% off. This exclusive myTime benefit will give you access to dine around in any of our specialty restaurants for the duration of your cruise. Excluding “a la carte” items in our specialty restaurants and entertainment based dining. A la carte items in our specialty restaurants, Jazz Brunch and Ocean Blue will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. To purchase the Ultimate Dining Package contact your Travel Professional or book online at NCL.com during your online registration process.

· Great Stirrup Cay Package Discount. Purchase this package at a cost of $49 per stateroom instead of $120 which includes the use of the following for the day on our private island: (A) Two sets of Snorkeling Equipment (B) Two Water Floats and © Two passes for unlimited use of our Hippo Water Slide. To purchase the Great Stirrup Cay Package contact your Travel Professional or call Norwegian’s Shore Excursion Reservations at 1-866-625-1167.

Bermuda Shore Excursions Discount. Purchase at least two shore excursions per person per stateroom and receive a 15% discount. Offer is valid for all shore excursions except; WRFN19 Dolphin Encounter; WRFN34 Morning Yoga & Dolphin Dip; WRFN80 Belmont Hills Golf Course; WRFN14 Port Royal Golf Course; WRFN82 Riddell’s Bay Golf Club; WRFN83 Fairmont Golf Resort; WRFN54 Transportation Passes - 1 Day; WRFN55 Transportation Passes - 2 Day Pass. To purchase any Bermuda Shore Excursions contact your Travel Professional or call Norwegian’s Shore Excursion Reservations at 1-866-625-1167.

While cruising like a Norwegian you will enjoy the following exclusive myTime benefits:

· Exclusive myTime branded electronic luggage tags (Please have these printed and attached to your luggage for arrival into Pier 88 in New York City to enjoy this benefit).

· Exclusive myTime expedited luggage delivery service.

· Exclusive myTime check in area located just after security at Pier 88 in New York City.

· Exclusive myTime branded guest keycard.

· Exclusive myTime Signature Spa Treatment Discount. Book any Signature Spa Treatment on

any in-port day and received a 20% discount. Normal Spa age restrictions apply. Book your spa

treatments while onboard the Norwegian Breakaway.

· Great Stirrup Cay Exclusive Beach Area. If you’re traveling on our Florida & Bahamas 7 day

itinerary you will be able to enjoy an exclusive beach zone which includes myTime branded beach sun chair umbrellas. This exclusive dedicated beach area will be available on a first come first served basis and is located in the lagoon area of our island accessible by walking or by our island tram, stop number 4.

We are thrilled to have you onboard with us and Norwegian Breakaway’s crew is already looking forward to welcoming you aboard. Norwegian Breakaway has a wonderful choice of dining, entertainment, activities and ports of call waiting for you. We hope your cruise combined with myTime will be enjoyable and memorable. It will soon be Your Time.

With Warm Regards,

Andy Stuart

Executive Vice President

Global Sales and Passenger Services

Sounds like they are giving Haven Guests more options! I haven't received this letter yet and I am also traveling the same cruise as you and I am in a Haven suite!

It's interesting that it does not reference Haven at all. We get suite benefits at check in at the pier anyway. I do not see how it can be connected to the Haven.

Genman - Puzzled

The text in the letter is below. It was addressed to me with the same name that is on our reservation.

Hello Xxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Thank you for choosing to cruise like a Norwegian aboard the beautiful Norwegian Breakaway for your vacation. We will do everything possible to make your cruise memorable. As New York's ship, Norwegian Breakaway brings the best of NYC to sea from her year-round homeport in Manhattan where she offers the high-caliber dining and entertainment options that New York is known for worldwide. Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with your travel professional to bring you myTime, offering you a wide range of exclusive added values.

Prior to boarding please take advantage of your exclusive myTime benefits. These will only be available to you for purchase prior to your cruise’s departure:

· Ultimate Dining Package Discount. Buy one Ultimate Dining Package at regular price ($119), get the second at 50% off. This exclusive myTime benefit will give you access to dine around in any of our specialty restaurants for the duration of your cruise. Excluding “a la carte” items in our specialty restaurants and entertainment based dining. A la carte items in our specialty restaurants, Jazz Brunch and Ocean Blue will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. To purchase the Ultimate Dining Package contact your Travel Professional or book online at NCL.com during your online registration process.

· Great Stirrup Cay Package Discount. Purchase this package at a cost of $49 per stateroom instead of $120 which includes the use of the following for the day on our private island: (A) Two sets of Snorkeling Equipment (B) Two Water Floats and © Two passes for unlimited use of our Hippo Water Slide. To purchase the Great Stirrup Cay Package contact your Travel Professional or call Norwegian’s Shore Excursion Reservations at 1-866-625-1167.

Bermuda Shore Excursions Discount. Purchase at least two shore excursions per person per stateroom and receive a 15% discount. Offer is valid for all shore excursions except; WRFN19 Dolphin Encounter; WRFN34 Morning Yoga & Dolphin Dip; WRFN80 Belmont Hills Golf Course; WRFN14 Port Royal Golf Course; WRFN82 Riddell’s Bay Golf Club; WRFN83 Fairmont Golf Resort; WRFN54 Transportation Passes - 1 Day; WRFN55 Transportation Passes - 2 Day Pass. To purchase any Bermuda Shore Excursions contact your Travel Professional or call Norwegian’s Shore Excursion Reservations at 1-866-625-1167.

While cruising like a Norwegian you will enjoy the following exclusive myTime benefits:

· Exclusive myTime branded electronic luggage tags (Please have these printed and attached to your luggage for arrival into Pier 88 in New York City to enjoy this benefit).

· Exclusive myTime check in area located just after security at Pier 88 in New York City.

· Exclusive myTime Signature Spa Treatment Discount. Book any Signature Spa Treatment on

any in-port day and received a 20% discount. Normal Spa age restrictions apply. Book your spa

· Great Stirrup Cay Exclusive Beach Area. If you’re traveling on our Florida & Bahamas 7 day

itinerary you will be able to enjoy an exclusive beach zone which includes myTime branded beach sun chair umbrellas. This exclusive dedicated beach area will be available on a first come first served basis and is located in the lagoon area of our island accessible by walking or by our island tram, stop number 4.

We are thrilled to have you onboard with us and Norwegian Breakaway’s crew is already looking forward to welcoming you aboard. Norwegian Breakaway has a wonderful choice of dining, entertainment, activities and ports of call waiting for you. We hope your cruise combined with myTime will be enjoyable and memorable. It will soon be Your Time.

With Warm Regards,

Andy Stuart

Executive Vice President

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting option.

Hello Xxxxxx xxxxxxxx

With Warm Regards,

Andy Stuart

Executive Vice President

Based on this letter, I'd be asking my Travel Agent . . .

Based on this letter, I'd be asking my Travel Agent . . .

The letter came on NCL letterhead. No mention of our TA.

We already have luggage tags as we have a Haven Suite. Never heard of "electronic luggage tags" or "expedited luggage service" mentioned in the letter.

Still confused - Genman

From the NCL website:

Andrew Stuart

Executive Vice President of Global Sales and Passenger Services

Andy Stuart is Executive Vice President, Global Sales and Passenger Services for Norwegian Cruise Line, responsible for global sales, revenue management and passenger services. In this role, Stuart directs the Company’s global distribution strategy, ensuring Norwegian continues to enhance and strengthen its relationships with travel partners as its primary distribution system. He introduced Partners First in 2011, the company’s corporate philosophy of always putting its travel partners first in three key areas: investment in long-term travel partner success; a complete focus on being easy to do business with; and a commitment to travel partners on direct business. He recently celebrated his 25th year with the company.

Hope this helps,

I am curious to learn more about this - even though the letter quoted does say that they (NCL) are offering this together with your TA. And if it is only for Haven Suite guests or also for other suites. Sounds strange to me that they would "block out" an exclusive part of the beach at GSC only for certain passengers that booked through a third party and not for those who book directly with a PCC....? Some of the other perks I have no problem understanding could be perks offered by the TA, but then again other of the perks are the same also for other suite/Haven guests so I am a bit confused...

It would also be interesting to know if the MyTime-concept is only for Breakaway sailings....?

I guess we will learn more about it in the coming months.... ;)

I've seen that from the source you alluded to, also. Not sure they offer extras that can't be found elsewhere. I think many of the "exclusives" they're offering are tied to NCL's own coupon book everyone who books NCL gets.

Coupon book? Never has one of those..

• 4 weeks later...

I appreciate the response. I was able to get that far on google as well which is how I found this blog (which is pretty cool)... I actually contacted my travel agent and she told me that it was a new program and she would depend on me to give her some feedback. We have been on the Breakaway before out of NYC and I was just wondering if this would affect my "check in" time. We would love to get on the boat sooner rather than later to take advantage of the pool that day... Thanks!

Hi guys, OP here. We're back from a fantastic trip to Bermuda on the BA. The MT benefits did not really help us as we had a Haven suite.

For MT guests at Pier 88 in NY, there were signs at the entrance with a special line for MT guests which by-passed the regular passengers waiting to go through security. Basically, you could enter with the suite guests.

Inside past security, I think there was a separate line for MT passengers. We did not use it as we went directly to the Haven check in.

On board, we did not notice any additional MT benefits.

Genman

• 1 month later...

We got the same letter via our TA. Except we are first time cruisers and staying in a balcony cabin.

Discount for Dining, Excursions to Bermuda and Special Check in and luggage preferences.

Our TA said it was an arrangement between NCL and Liberty travel.

John

MyTime is a "perks" package offered by Gogo Worldwide Vacations, a subsidiary of Liberty Travel.

Gogo is a vacation wholesaler to the travel agent trade.

These "perks" are offered for reservations on many cruiselines and hotels,not just NCL.

For the most part, you have to buy something toget a discount or 'free" goodies. Really no big deal.