Rental Cars Orlando & Miami Port

jcs56

We have recently changed our plans...we will still be flying into Orlando but cruising out of Miami (we have 24 hr. to get there, haha). Just wondering if anyone knows. We will need to rent a mini van at the airport in Orlando and return it close to the Miami port. Anyone know which company is in both places? With this being Thanksgiving week I want to reserve soon.

Are you flying back from Miami? Or will you rent another mini-van upon your return? You will have to check w/the rental companies about their policies on dropping off at a different location. I had a really hard time renting a minivan in California from Orange County airport and dropping it off in San Francisco. Only one company would allow that and the rental was not cheap. Mind you, I used the van the whole week. Check out the policies and prices. You might find it cheaper to keep the rental parked in the port lot for the week and then return it to Orlando when you fly home. Sorry I can't tell you for sure - you will just have to do a bunch of checking.

We did cruise out of Port Canaveral a couple of years ago and found it cheaper to rent the minivan and drive to Port Canaveral from Orlando and pay for parking there than it was to get round-trip transportation provided from the cruiseline and other like carriers. We were a family of 6 so it made quite a difference.

:) We are doing the same thing come November. I just booked a week with budget, Orland to Miami then Miami back to orlando. 2 seperate reservations since I did'nt want to pay for a week while were on the ship. I found better rates at thier web site and used a coupon for a full size car. Thier are 2 aduts and 2 kids. I hope everything fits.:confused: Good luck

We were actually considering keeping it the whole time, thought it might be cheaper and less of a headache too. We drove last year and parked in Miami port...very easy to do. Thanks

The major rental car companies have no drop fees in FL so picking up in Orlando and dropping off in Miami is no problem. They use the Miami airport locations for the Port of Miami. Some companies will shuttle you back and forth, but if not the taxi fare between the airport and port is fixed at $21.

Archived