Bermuda's Ocean Water in August....

morrisfam

Maybe to them, the turquoise looks "green". We've been to Bermuda many times and never saw anything that looked abnormal, like green algae on a pond.

I would say that sometimes the water (depending on how the sun hits it) looks turquoise green (or blue-green) - and beautiful - and clear!!! :D I wouldn't worry a bit!!

We cruise to Bermuda on August 27th. Some have said the water is "green" this time of the year. Are we not likely to see the turquoise blue water that we were hoping for? :confused:

IM CRUSING ON THE AUG 28 ALSO. CANT WAIT ARE YOU

GOING ON THE GRANDEAUR:)

To Sgatling.....We sail on August 27th and will be on the Horizon, leaving out of Philadelphia. It's so convenient for us as we'll avoid any airport travel. The cruise is in celebration of our 25th anniversary (which is the 28th). We talked about many options of where to go and returning to Bermuda was the decision. After reading the posts, I'm convinced the August waters will be just fine. 20 days and counting! :)

I just returned from Bermuda on 8/6 and the water was amazing - the only drawback is you'll have to keep your eyes out for GREEN glass on the beach. I hate to say it but there is a slight problem with broken glass on the beaches

Archived