830 departure in P.R. On adventure and hotel

I need advise. I am going back on the adventure in April 2015 and I will be traveling from Boston with my senior parents, What time can we board if departs at 830, also would you recommend going a day early, if so what are close great hotels. Thanks in advance...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I need advise. I am going back on the adventure in April 2015 and I will be traveling from Boston with my senior parents, What time can we board if departs at 830, also would you recommend going a day early, if so what are close great hotels. Thanks in advance...

We are usually able to board Adventure between 11am and noon.

They will usually allow boarding by noon as long as there were no delays getting people off the ship that morning. Even though the ship doesn't pull away from port until 8:30pm, boarding times are comparable to any other sailing.

Even though April is usually not a big weather issue, being from MA as well, we both know it's not out of the question for a freak snowstorm or nor'easter in April, so planning to head down the day before is always a safe bet (as are direct flights). I'm heading down to San Juan in January, so I booked a flight for Saturday (and out of JFK, since they have a lot more daily direct flights incase anything happens... I have family on LI, so its easy for me to get there). You shouldn't have to worry about flying out of Logan, though... as its still a pretty big hub.

I am booked at the Tres Palmas, a small B&B right on the beach about halfway between the Airport and cruise port. You can check it out here: http://www.trespalmasinn.com. As long as you're not going on a major holiday weekend, you're still a good year out, so you can try Priceline or Hotels.com to get one of the bigger resorts for a pretty affordable price, if that's more your speed.

We have done both, flying to PR the day of and the day before. It's a long flight and I'd recommend the day before.

We stayed at the Intercontinental which was great. I'd recommend Priceline to get a good price on a good hotel. There's more information on the Puerto Rico part of the forums to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Closest hotel to the port is the Sheraton Convention Hotel. Other than a really good grill type restaurant and bar next door and the Convention Centre there is nothing else nearby. If you get a room facing the port you can see the ships in port from the window.