This Board Made Up My Mind, TY

Dear Fellow Disney Cruisers,

I have been a long time lurker of the C.C message boards, mostly to look up old threads to answer questions I may have about a particular cruise. On occasion, I do read through the 1st page of 'new posts' on a particular cruise lines' section that I am contemplating cruising to get a feel for the type of passenger each line is catering to each time (as it tends to change from year to year).

To make a long story short, I was contemplating a Disney Cruise or an RCCL for my next. So in my usual form, I researched some questions, then decided to look at the 'new posts'.

Without meaning to start a debate or offend anyone, I have to say the choice was made quite easy. There can be no comparison between the Disney board and the other, as civility ceased to exist on the other quite rapidly. (or perhaps this board has better moderators?) I am not judging anyone, so I hope I do not offend, as that is not my intention.

I was just writing to thank you all for making my next cruise choice very easy. I look forward to sporting my Mickey Ears and asking questions that I have come up if I cannot find them via searching this forum. I also look forward to watching all of your children get that 'gleam' in their eye the 1st time they see that favorite character on their vacation with them. Although I do not have children, you will see me by the family pool with a smile on my face watching all of your children re-live the same feeling I still get when I see the characters that I have grown up (I use that term loosely :) ) with.

Thank you and enjoy your future cruises.

Dear Fellow Disney Cruisers,

I have been a long time lurker of the C.C message boards, mostly to look up old threads to answer questions I may have about a particular cruise. On occasion, I do read through the 1st page of 'new posts' on a particular cruise lines' section that I am contemplating cruising to get a feel for the type of passenger each line is catering to each time (as it tends to change from year to year).

To make a long story short, I was contemplating a Disney Cruise or an RCCL for my next. So in my usual form, I researched some questions, then decided to look at the 'new posts'.

I was just writing to thank you all for making my next cruise choice very easy. I look forward to sporting my Mickey Ears and asking questions that I have come up if I cannot find them via searching this forum.

Thank you and enjoy your future cruises.

I could have written this within the last week myself!! I, too, was debating the same exact thing for my family!

I have been convinced that for my family, this (DCL) will be the way to go for our first cruise as a family. (We've never taken the kids before.)

Now, like a bunch of you, I'm waiting for the fall appearance of those much anticipated 2007 rates.

Thanks to these boards, we'll have our category and rooms all picked out so I can call right away and book, book, book!!!

LurkerTurnedPoster, thanks so much for what I had been thinking!!

I found the same thing last time we were deciding on a cruise! It was between RCL and Carnival. I would go on the Carnival boards and the people were nice and friendly, but on RCL, they seemed so nasty. Decided I could not cruise with that type if the whole ship was full of them!

I'm so happy for you that you decided on Disney!

It's great even without kids. We have gone as a couple and enjoyed everyone else's kids too. We have been 7 times so far. 8, 9 and ten are booked already and in December we will be booking #11 for 2007, if they have it posted on board. That way we get room credit.

Our next is 12/17/05 with our grown kids and spouses, and 4 grandkids. That will be an awesome cruise.

Be sure and let us know how you like it.

Blowing Pixie dust your way for a Magical cruise.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived