SKY Review from a non-partier

gardiner41

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Thanks for such an insightful review. I am actually feeling very nervous and put off after reading your honest review. As it is cruising was never our thing and if the this ship is so run down, crowded, and full of partiers, I have little doubts that this upcoming trip is not going to be a pleasant one. We booked a couple months ago at full price,way more than double of what they are selling the similar ocean view room now. They refused to upgrade or give any credits etc either. We have kids who are allergic to fungus and musty smelling rooms and they start coughing and sneezing right away :(( and looks like it's going to be terrible in that respect! Any tips to survive this 3 day cruise would be appreciated. Thanks

I was on the Norwegian Sky this weekend, Feb. 6th-9th. I live 2 1/2 hours from the port and went on the cruise as a weekend R&R getaway. I had a category OF oceanview cabin which was spacious and lots of natural light. The cabin steward kept it very clean. I really liked this category of cabin for a weekend cruise.

It's an older ship, but I didn't find it to be run down at all.

I enjoyed some wine with dinner, my book, some sun, attended some game shows (was selected for the "Friendly Feud" and won a t-shirt), and the 9:30 p.m. entertainment in the Stardust (it's not Broadway/Vegas, but it was just fine for a weekend cruise).

I strolled Nassau and spent the day on the beach in Great Stirrup Cay. There is an island lunch buffet that is included.

There were many families aboard. Yes, there were partiers. I expected partiers on a short cruise and my weekend was not at all disturbed by them.

I had a restful and relaxing time. You'll find lots of choices onboard and onshore to make your vacation your own. I hope you have a great time.

We did the four day Bahamas cruise on the Sky back in January ($139 pp Oceanview, as a meams to get us closer to Platinum status, how could we not?).

Though being seasoned NCL cruisers, we had never done anything shorter than a 7 day cruise before, and were very worried about a party-like rowdy atmosphere. But to our amazement, the atmosphere was very serene, sorta like on the longer cruises (excluding Carnival). Maybe because it was a Monday-Thursday and not the 3 day weekend cruise. We enjoyed GSC, and the ship itself exceeded our expectations.

Maybe due to the lower passenger to crew ratio, we experienced the best overall service from the staff and crew compared to our previous 11 cruises (NCL, CCL, RCI, PCL). If it weren't so short, we would definitely sail on her again without hesitation ( on the 4 day voyage.)

Edited by rudeboie