Horseback Riding

Beth

My daughter and a friend went horseback riding last year. I do not remember who they went with, but it left from the Spa. They enjoyed it, but did not think it was great for two reasons: they did not see monkeys or other animals as they had hoped to and one of the other riders who insisted she was an expert allowed her horse to bite my daughter's horse causing it to rear and almost spill her. It also was a long ride; however there was one plus - my daughter noticed that they were driving by Altun Ha and convinced the driver to take them there on the way back to Belize City.

We did a horseback ride last year through Belizecruiseexcursion.com. We had a 75 minute van ride out to the spa, followed by an hour to hour and half horseback ride. The ride itself was OK. They gave us plenty of freedom with the horses, and the scenery was nice. We didn't see a whole lot on wildlife, only 1 monkey. After the ride we had a couple of hours to kill at the spa. We spent the time cooling off in the pools, eating an authentic Belize lunch, and having a couple of drinks.

Overall I would rate it as an "average" excursion. The time AT the spa was a lot of fun, but the 2 plus hours spent riding in a van is not my idea of a fun thing to do on vacation.

The website for Banana Bank is http://www.bananabank.com/

Based on several good reviews on this website, we've reserved a tour there for our December cruise. They include lunch and a boat ride on a river. I was pleased with their responsiveness to my emails. They are picking us up at the dock and bringing us back.

Archived