Divina needs a good scrubbing? You have to be kidding me!!!

thraak

More info to come, but I just disembarked and have to say that the Divina has to be the cleanest ship afloat. I was amazed at the cleaning and sanitizing that is performed constantly. The ship is spotless and I am looking forward to returning in the fall. I honestly don't want to sail with anyone else!

Everything was pressure washed nightly and squeegeed constantly. Incredible staff. Amazing drink prices when you pre-book your drink packages.

AMAZING SHOWS!!!

A class act cruise and staff in every regards.

I am sure that cruise snobs will always find petty faults. For me, I can't wait to return in the fall!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by thraak

More info to come, but I just disembarked and have to say that the Divina has to be the cleanest ship afloat. I was amazed at the cleaning and sanitizing that is performed constantly. The ship is spotless and I am looking forward to returning in the fall. I honestly don't want to sail with anyone else!

Everything was pressure washed nightly and squeegeed constantly. Incredible staff. Amazing drink prices when you pre-book your drink packages.

AMAZING SHOWS!!!

A class act cruise and staff in every regards.

I am sure that cruise snobs will always find petty faults. For me, I can't wait to return in the fall!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally agree with you , it seems some people are never happy, glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Thanks for your post. First time cruiser...I will be boarding the Divina very soon. I came to Cruisecritic to find out what to expect while cruising. I have to say I'm more nervous reading all the reviews positive/negative. I'm just taking it all in and patiently awaiting my cruise. There will always be things you will like or dislike. Just going to sit back, relax and enjoy what the ship has to offer! The forums are very helpful for a newbie, thanks for the reminder :)

-angela:o

If you read the thread I don't think anyone said the ship was dirty. I also found DIVINA extremely clean (as I mentioned in my review) but then I do with most cruise ships. This being said it didn't stop me from getting the flu and a bacterial infection in my eye and ear that my doctor feels is probably from the pool onboard (perhaps not chlorinated enough but who knows?). Anyway it would not stop me from sailing on DIVINA again as these things can happen on any ship.

Noro-virus for instance does not discriminate. It attacks ships that even have a 100% USPH score and on every economic level, luxury to mass-market. Once a virus type illness starts spreading on a cruise ship such as noro or flu, it's very difficult to contain because it's so easily passed between people no matter how clean the ship is. All the measures the ships take help contain such viruses from spreading, but they certainly don't eliminate it.

Also this thread is not meant as an outlet to complain, but just to keep people informed that these things can and do happen and to be careful. Big difference!

There were obviously quite a few people that got sick on a fairly recent DIVINA cruise. Just saying to be careful and wash those hands, not even remotely suggesting not to sail on DIVINA.

From the minute we stepped aboard, one maintenance worker stood out to us on deck 14 as he never stopped working once. We later learned that he works from 6am to 10pm everyday. He also works for 9 months without a day off. He seemed very happy. Although I do not know what their pay is, I learned from a CNN report, http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/13/opinion/walker-cruise-ships/?c=&page=1

It says that they work for as little as $156 a week. If you are going on the Divina in the next 5 months, check out Travis from Barbados on deck 14. His work ethic is something that we should all admire. I can't imagine what it would be like to work that hard.

As a side note, my wife tipped him as it was well deserved.

I really don't know how the required $12 a day gratuity is distributed, but you may also be inclined to tip an individual that you see that may be well deserving. Recognition on the comment card is also appreciated, I'm sure.

Edited by thraak

Looks like you & I were on the same cruise. It is clean, but I'd say not any more so than any other ship I've been on.

I do think they need to work on hand sanitizer though. Some of the hand sanitizer stations were not always operative, and many times it was in an out of the way location...kind of an afterthought. I rarely saw people at the Buffett entrance pushing sanitizer. It needs to be more "in your face" or people won't bother. My last cruise it was so in your face you felt shamed into using it and that's what I like to see.