Are Captains Club Internet Minutes Transferable?

Newbury newbie

Sailing on the Eclipse in 3 weeks time along either my Elite Plus status parents. I see that they get 200 mins of complimentary internet connection. As the both of them struggle to turn on a PC or Ipad and remain computer illiterate can they transfer their minutes to me? :):):)

If so, how does this work?

Use there sea pass to create a account and then you can log in wireless under there account. Use the minutes up under moms acct then when this is complete create another acct under dads to use his minutes. Hope this helps.

This should be no problem. As the previous poster said, you need their sea pass cards to set up the accounts. If you use the computers in the Icenter, you will need to bring one of the cards each time you log in to swipe.

Use there sea pass to create a account and then you can log in wireless under there account. Use the minutes up under moms acct then when this is complete create another acct under dads to use his minutes. Hope this helps.

Are you saying that they get 200 mins each, then? Not between them?

Are you saying that they get 200 mins each, then? Not between them?

If they are Elite+, yup. When you sign on using their seapass, it will charge them $99 on their seapass account for signing up for the 200 minutes. Then you need to fill out the coupon and place it in the little box in the iLounge. It will show up on their on board account as a charge for $99, then a credit for $99. Gotta fill out the coupon and leave it there with their stateroom number.

They are implementing a new plan. If you have free internet minutes by being elite/elite+, the ship's system knows this and automatically gives you the free minutes when you register. No little coupon to deal with.

The free minutes can not be transferred from them to you. However there is nothing stopping you from signing up in their name and using their internet account (tied to their seapass) as long as they give you permission to do so.

Under the old system this would work in one of two ways: For access on the ship's computers in the internet café you'd need their seapass to sign on. For Wi-Fi service you'd need their seapass to set up a wifi account in the internet café after which you could sign onto from any Wi-Fi device (tablet, phone or laptop) using the User ID and Password tied to the account you set up. I understand Celebrity is in the process of changing all these procedures but I imagine you could still do this in a similar manor.

They are implementing a new plan. If you have free internet minutes by being elite/elite+, the ship's system knows this and automatically gives you the free minutes when you register. No little coupon to deal with.

That's good news. Now if they would only let you combine the minutes for each guest in the cabin into one account, it would be perfect.

RCI always let me combine both my and DH's loyalty club minutes.

We got off the Infinity on April 14 and still had to use the coupons. No automatic credit.

Same with Eclipse. When I asked about the new system, I was told it would be added to Eclipse "sometime in July". Hope this helps !

Sailing on the Eclipse in 3 weeks time along either my Elite Plus status parents. I see that they get 200 mins of complimentary internet connection. As the both of them struggle to turn on a PC or Ipad and remain computer illiterate can they transfer their minutes to me? :):):)

If so, how does this work?

Anyone can log in to any internet account with any device from any location on the ship using a wireless connection as long as you know the account name and the password for that account.

So you will be able to use your parents' internet minutes if they agree and are willing to let you know their account names and passwords.

If you were my kid, I would be unlikely to grant you access to any of my internet time after you called me computer illiterate. :D

Hi

If you go to the iLounge with your parents

and the device you want to use the staff member

Will set up their internet accounts.

You can then just log in with the username and password .

They will also put the log off icon onto your device.

It's important that you log off after each session.