What is your favorite cover-up?

wonderdox

Ummm... the dog is an additional bonus lol. I didnt realize Walgreen sold things like this. I guess it is seasonal offering?

They had another style too that I didn't like as much. They also had some tropical t-shirts that were more men's style. I'm thinking this for one of my beach days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this... thinking outside the box!

I always do! You should see what I use to display my jewelry (think picture frames, Christmas card holders, and patio table lanterns), and I display my scarves on shower curtain hooks attached to a wire dress mannequin! Around the house, our toy cabinet and most of my children's clothes wardrobes were actually designed as entertainment units...

I love to be creative, budget-minded, and a wee bit different than the average bear.

Edited by SeagoingMom

I have been love with Lands End recently. I am always nervous about purchasing items online but have had luck with several items.
Sears may be your best friend. They sell Lands End items (not a full selection), and if you buy something you don't like, it's very easy to return it to any Sears -- no need to package it up, no paying return postage.

LrgPizza, there you go again making me want to call and have a large pepperoni delivered! LOL! I love your name!:D It gets me every time.

I love your tops! Luck Brand is one of my favorite brands, especially for accessories. I love their scarves the most!:D

Digging the color selection... particularly the orange. I never shop at Penny's (nothing against them) I might need to give them a try.

I never used to shop there either but our local Sephora is inside JCP. I'm there about once a month picking up my powder and I always wander throughout the store. JCP's still hit or miss for me but they're getting better with their clothes! They have a decent swimsuit section this year too.

I'm a coverup junkie! I have a whole bin full and I live in them on cruises, I get them from every where, Ross, Marshalls, tjmaxx, macys, love the ones at macys but I will wait for a good sale plus use my discount coupons. I also get them cheap at end of season clearance sales. Some of mine are dressier than others so I will wear those in port,

I never used to shop there either but our local Sephora is inside JCP. I'm there about once a month picking up my powder and I always wander throughout the store. JCP's still hit or miss for me but they're getting better with their clothes! They have a decent swimsuit section this year too.

I agree, I'm really liking the clothes lately at penny s lately.

I have a jersey knit long skirt with a wide smocked elastic waist band. I put the elastic part around my bust. I find it great to wear to the spa as I can be au natural underneath and no one knows.

I also have some regular ones with sleeves and drawstring necks but the jersey skirt is my favorite.

I'm a coverup junkie! I have a whole bin full and I live in them on cruises, I get them from every where, Ross, Marshalls, tjmaxx, macys, love the ones at macys but I will wait for a good sale plus use my discount coupons. I also get them cheap at end of season clearance sales. Some of mine are dressier than others so I will wear those in port,

We must be twins!:D

I am always looking for ideas for a swim-suit cover up.

What is your favorite, where did you buy it, and if you can remember (and don't mind sharing with others) what was the price range? If you can post a picture or link to it that would be an added bonus:)

I am eyeing the one below. It is being sold by Macy's. It is the "Dotti Cover Up, Three-Quarter-Sleeve Beaded Tunic" and retails currently for $56 before a 20% discount.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/dotti-cover-up-three-quarter-sleeve-beaded-tunic?ID=757700&CategoryID=8699&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DDotti%26SWIM_STYLE%3DCover-Up%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D10%26ruleId%3D82%26slotId%3D10

I have one very similar to the one in your picture, which I got at Winners (Canadian version of TJ Maxx). I also got a second one there that's a little longer with a gathered waist. Forever 21 also has a lot of great little cotton or knit sundresses which make perfect bathing suit cover-ups, and are really inexpensive.

I purchased a rashguard last year after the suggestion from another person on CC. I needed something to wear when snorkeling. It zips so you dont have to pull it over your head. This was purchased from Land Ends.

Have the same Land's end rash guard and I love it! (in bright turquoise) - it has spf protection and is fast drying so great for swimming and not getting burnt! Also great for wearing on any 'beach excursion' - as it looks like a nice 'jacket' over your bathing suit top (just add capris/shorts, etc)....very practical esp as it zips up and doesn't go over your head.

I got a bigger size as I didn't want it too tight or clingy :)

http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-aquaterra-short-sleeve-zip-front-rash-guard/id_246779 (comes in variously sizes like long/plus, etc)

Edited by Froufie

I finally found Tall Rompers in my size, and think they will work well as additional coverups on the next cruise.

I bought this in the blue multi

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=41738&vid=2&pid=118120002

and this in the charcoal

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=41738&vid=2&pid=118055032

Lisa

Kellane,

I love your backpack! It's so cute!:D

Why thank you, Mousey! I ordered it from a friend that sells Thirty-One Gifts a few years ago.

RedHeadTexan, I love the rompers! Very cute! And I think they will be perfect to use as cover-ups.

Yeah! cover-up recommendations…. I am just starting to shop for our August cruise… This next cruise will be swim-suit intensive, with 3 ports of call going to the beach, plus 2 sea days, so I need options….. Oh, and I am of an age where covering up is the TRUE purpose of a cover-up :D

I have a cute black dress I purchased 5 yrs ago at BJ's: a super light stretchy knit - silhouette is like a peasant top, but knee length, with a wide ruffle along the bottom. It has gone to the beach for 5 years going, and not a bit of fade so far due to the high man-made content, and does not get overheated.

I also have a cover up similar to this from last year (also black, go figure) from Lands End, but with a v neck, instead of the split neck, but it's very Mom-ish, if you get my drift:

http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-sleeveless-cotton-jersey-tunic-cover-up/id_261154 This year's updated version is a little cuter and includes a coral floral and a periwinkle floral option. I am going to head down to sears to see if they have it in their Lands End boutique to get a closer look.

I love the Dotti coverup from the original post, and it's definitely on my look at list. Since I am always pushing towards the plus size range (generally wear a 14), I was looking at this coverup as another alternative to the dotti. If I get the 14/16 I think it should be nice and drapey, but it's still black: http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/Joanna-Black-Tunic?p=4457&c=6

In an effort to move out of my safety zone of black, I am also loving this tunic, but am waiting for an email for a % off promo:

http://www.softsurroundings.com/P/Seychelles_Tunic/

Would love to find a cute, age appropriate, colorful coverup that does not look like it should be on Keeping up with the Kardashians :rolleyes:

Go to the Boden website. Their summer stuff is in. Some very cute sundresses and tunics to be had… The Towelling Hoody looks good to me...

Also, Athleta has some good tunics and coverups.

I lovely fresh produce beach dresses, which I buy whenever in the US. I have the sleeveless one but they do sleeves. As well not the cheapest but last for ages

I also got a cotton kaftan from M&S which is light but a bit shorter

image.jpg.b1109887b6091e387b3adf015774be41.jpg

If that cover up has pockets and comes in a color other than black, it's perfect.
I have a cute black dress I purchased 5 yrs ago at BJ's:
BJ's Warehouse is a surprising place. You can't count on it happening every time you go, but on a fairly regular basis you can find some pretty nice clothes!

I am in the camp that a cover up is supposed to cover up, so if it barely covers your booty then it is a shirt. Those short shirt style are fine for a little sun protection while lounging, but in my opinion those are not appropriate for entering a dining facility. I like knit maxi dresses that I can just throw on over a bathing suit and not feel like I am on display.

Target and Wal-Mart sell all kinds of cute maxi dresses and sundresses for under $20 that would work great as a cover up.