Milk Alternative

cruiser415

I am wondering the same thing. I love almond milk and on the last 3 cruises have tolerated soy, but do not care for it. I have considered bringing on some shelf stable almond and asking the guys at the IC if they would store it for me!

I overheard a woman ask for coconut milk in her coffee in the IC. They kept a can for her with her name on it so she could have it every morning rather than opening one every day. She asked them to do that for her because she said they used to open a fresh can every time she got coffee, so she suggested they keep one for her. Might want to try that -

I picked up a box of non-dairy creamers near the port, and it worked fine for my morning coffees. Since I normally use lactose-free milk instead of creamer at home, we'll try to find a supermarket near the port this year, and I'll keep the carton in my stateroom fridge. If not, the non-dairy creamers are OK for a week!

My wife has learned that she can also request a carton of soy or rice milk from room service, store it in our cabin refrigerator, and bring some to the Horizon Court (or elsewhere) herself. That avoids the long wait time that sometimes occurs when she asks one of the wait-staff to fetch it from wherever Princess stores it.

John

When we were on the Royal last fall there was a woman who ordered almond milk in her lattes from the International Cafe every morning (well, at least those few mornings when I ran into her there.) Don't know if they have it all the time or if you need to make a special request (as mentioned above re: the coconut milk), but they definitely did have it.

I have tried to request for an unsweetened milk alternative. Here is the response:

"The booking has been noted regarding being Lactose Intolerant, please

advise if you are in need of a milk substitute. I can arrange either

lactose-free milk, plain soy milk or plain rice milk. We do not carry

almond milk, coconut milk or goat milk."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app