October weather

DC lover

Was anyone ever cruise in October? How is the weather? What do you recommend packing? Has anyone ever experienced a hurricane? I am am going in early Oct. Any info would be appreciated. icon_smile.gif

Cruise #2 (Disney Magic 10/02/04)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

October is hurricaine season here in the tropics. That being said I have taken many cruises from september to november as I love the rates then. We are planning on taking the western carribean cruise in september... as soon as I can confirm time off I will book.

I have been in very rough seas and extremely smooth sailing.. Its kinda like gambling...

my philiosphy is there is no bad cruises.. be prepared for rough seas and have flexibility with changes and you will have a good time no matter when you travel....

Happy cruising

We cruise in October 2000, Eastern Caribbean. The seas the first day out were moving, but the second morning we woke up to Caribbean blue and smooth as glass. The weather was warm to hot all the time. It rained in St Thomas at around 4 or so in the afternoon.

- Bryan W

Oct 2000 Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean

Jun 2002 Disney Magic - Western Caribbean

Jul 2004 HAL Oosterdam - Alaska

Feb 2005 Celebrity Mercury - Mexican Riviera

Protect your PC!

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/default.asp

All of my cruises have been in September or October.

Though it's hurricane season, we never saw a tall wave. On the last cruise, it was windy on the first and last nights as we went through the Gulf Stream. There were a few seas, but not enough to make me queasy and I get Mal-de-Mer very easily.

It also rained on our Castaway Cay day, but it didn't ruin it for us.

Just be ready for some rain and be ready for some skipped, added or ports visited out of order. Be ready for the worst and expect the best, remember that the ship's Master wants his passengers to have the best cruise possible so he'll take the ship wherever he can to do just that.

Host Mick

Cruise Critic Board Host

LDRS Cruise Mick@aol.com

Andrea Doria 5/56

Oceanos 8/91

Achille Lauro 12/94

Constitution 11/97

Sun Vista 5/99

Seabreeze I 12/00

• 5 years later...

I agree with just making the best of it...I will be cruising Oct 3 Carnival fascination on my 2nd cruise. My 1st one was in sept on the heels of some pretty intense storms. The first night the boat was rocking but I was so focused on having a good time that I put any thoughts of getting sick out of my mind. I had a great time and now am down to 63 days and counting on my next cruise and I cant wait. I am also in the process of booking my 3rd cruise for 2010 on Carnival Dream but thats later...on cruise at a time...LOL

We soley cruise in Oct it is our Aniv. Until last year weather has never been a problem! We were on the Legend Carnival and it rained 5 out of 7 days. It would have been nice to get a tan but it was 7 days without work so that is a plus. We return to the Magic on Oct 17th!

Lexi

We have cruised the last week of September into October and the weather was great. They changed our itinerary around due to a hurricane but it was no biggy to us. I don't think it ever rained. It was very warm though because we were on the beach on almost all the islands we stopped at.

Archived