Insurance for Caribbean.

I have an annual worldwide policy with Insure & Go, and had one of these for the Caribbean in Jan 13 and for Jan 14. I have renewed it in March 14 from Sept 14 to Sept 15 to cover the cruise in Jan 15 and because it is Mayan Treasures and Pride of Panama and the countries are all new for us, I listed the countries on the phone and was told all ok.

I was under the impression insurance was worldwide exc USA and Canada, but have been concerned about what I have been told on facebook that Caribbean needs USA cover now as you may have to be flown to USA for medical treatment from the Caribbean.

I have rechecked my policy and found that one paper says included and one not included so really confused so have today sent an e-mail to Insure and Go as follows.

"I purchased this policy in March 2014 to cover a cruise to the Caribbean in January 2015. I listed the places we were going, and was told everything was fine. On insured details it says: Policy start date 8.9.14. Additional premium £11.90. Region screened worldwide including USA, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Singapore, China and Hong Kong. However, on the Insurance Certificate under details of cover Destination it says Worldwide excluding USA and Canada. I would therefore like written confirmation that Jamaica, Honduras, Belize, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama and Columbia are covered as these countries were given to you in March. Thanks."

Has anyone else experienced these sorts of problems with insurance? I will let you know what information I get back from Insure & Go.

Edited by gillhalfpint

My reply from Insure and Go.

Dear Mrs. Smith,

Thank you for contacting InsureandGo Insurance Services Ltd. We can confirm that your policy provides cover within the terms and conditions for travel to Jamaica, Honduras, Belize, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama and Columbia.

Should you require any further information then please do not hesitate to contact us at Customer Services on 0207 748 0062.

Yours sincerely

Eleanor Carter

Customer Service Agent