Disabled Cabin Waitlist??

zider

I have been Waitlisted for a disabled cabin, Anyone have any experience of being waitlisted for these cabins, Although I have travelled on Cunard many times being waitlisted is to me a new experience.

Just a update on the Waitlist for Disabled Cabins. I have phoned Cunard to find out where I was on the list, Strangely they could only confirm that I was on the list. But they where not allowed to tell me where I was on it nor where they allowed to tell me how many where on the list As that is classified information?????

Are you waitlisted for any cat. disabled cabin? I think I read somewhere that if a guest has reduced mobility but can walk around their cabin they will sometimes upgrade them to another cabin to make way for a guest who cannot get out of wheelchair for example. Yes, on past occasions we have always been told by reservation agents that they do not know how many are on the wait list.

Are you waitlisted for any cat. disabled cabin? I think I read somewhere that if a guest has reduced mobility but can walk around their cabin they will sometimes upgrade them to another cabin to make way for a guest who cannot get out of wheelchair for example. Yes, on past occasions we have always been told by reservation agents that they do not know how many are on the wait list.
Its my wife that is now Disabled as she can only walk a few feet & I do mean a few feet but can & does get out of the chair for a few steps, But the ship does have 20 disabled cabins & I refuse to believe that all of them are booked 10 months from the cruise date & all that they could do was for me to book a normal cabin & be placed on the waitlist for a disabled cabin & then they can not even tell me how many are on the list.

But the ship does have 20 disabled cabins

On TA my guessing is that more than 50 pax have to rely on the use of a wheelchair. Unfortunately the fixed basic and static construction of a ship does not give the flexibility of ammending standard category cabins/staterooms into wheelchair compatible cabins later.

...But the ship does have 20 disabled cabins & I refuse to believe that all of them are booked 10 months from the cruise date...

Actually, I think that could well be the case. Since the rules were changed to require people with mobility scooters to book adapted cabins, as soon as I have spotted an itinerary that takes my fancy, I now book (or make an "expression of interest" in) an adapted cabin even before they officially go on sale. It wouldn't take too many like-minded people in the same situation for 20 cabins to sell out 10 months or more before the departure date. It's also entirely possible, I believe, that a few may be "sold" to travel agents as part of their block bookings but I'm prepared to be shot down on that one.

J

Actually, I think that could well be the case. Since the rules were changed to require people with mobility scooters to book adapted cabins, as soon as I have spotted an itinerary that takes my fancy, I now book (or make an "expression of interest" in) an adapted cabin even before they officially go on sale. It wouldn't take too many like-minded people in the same situation for 20 cabins to sell out 10 months or more before the departure date. It's also entirely possible, I believe, that a few may be "sold" to travel agents as part of their block bookings but I'm prepared to be shot down on that one.

J

Thank you for replying a lot of what you have written does make sense but still it does not explain Cunard's decision to make waitlists confidential the customer is left in limbo not knowing if they stand any chance of getting the cabin asked for when booking,