Help me find a south beach hotel.

crazycruzer68

Thanks all. I was really looking for feedback on the Cadillac hotel itself.

The choice to stay mid beach was a conscious one as my gf wanted a hotel right on the beach so we could just walk out of the hotel (and for all of the reasons which Cruiser stated).

We are there for one day and live in NYC so the beach is the driving factor not the nightlife. (And travel by cab is second only to travel by subway).

Thank you.

Keep in mind the beach up there will be much smaller and more narrow than the ones south of you. Check out The Forge for dinner. One of the best places in South Florida.

We stayed at the National and the surfcomber ( a Kimpton hotel) . They both had the beach right out the back door, just beyond their pools. They were just a couple blocks from Lincoln Road. We could walk a nice paved path down to the crazy part of south beach. They also have a bike share program. Great location ,nice beach, surfcomber has happy hour at the pool ( 1 hour of free wine). The national had two for one drinks at their bar inside for happy hour. It was not a busy bar, but very nice, and they didn't mind us sitting down on our way in from the beach😀

We love mid-beach. The pools are better, the hotels have beach and its not insanity. Take a cab to SoBe, and take a cab back to your sancutary.

We stay at the Eden Roc at least twice a year -we will be there a few night prior to the our GA, first time back since the Marriott sold it. We shall see....

1. Aside from the pools at The Fountainbleu, the pools in South Beach are far superior to the Mid Beach ones. See the Raleigh, The National, The Hotel, The Shore Club, The Delano, The Hotel, 1 Hotel (formerly The Gansavoort and The Perry), The Ritz-Carlton, Mondrian, etc.

There are so many iconic hotel pools and so many really cool rooftop or newly built hotels Mid Beach doesn't come close. I know this may seem subjective but it really isn't.

2. The Marriott did not sell the Eden Roc. The Eden Roc hired Marriott to be the property management company and then fired the Marriott for doing a crappy job. The Eden Roc is still owned by the same people. Look for a more top end management company to come in and for prices to skyrocket.

1. Aside from the pools at The Fountainbleu, the pools in South Beach are far superior to the Mid Beach ones. See the Raleigh, The National, The Hotel, The Shore Club, The Delano, The Hotel, 1 Hotel (formerly The Gansavoort and The Perry), The Ritz-Carlton, Mondrian, etc.

There are so many iconic hotel pools and so many really cool rooftop or newly built hotels Mid Beach doesn't come close. I know this may seem subjective but it really isn't.

2. The Marriott did not sell the Eden Roc. The Eden Roc hired Marriott to be the property management company and then fired the Marriott for doing a crappy job. The Eden Roc is still owned by the same people. Look for a more top end management company to come in and for prices to skyrocket.

But it really is subjective .....

why can't I just like mid-beach better? I don't understand.

But it really is subjective .....

why can't I just like mid-beach better? I don't understand.

LOL of course you can like Mid Beach better!

I was talking about the hotel's pools.

Come back and give me an update on the Eden Roc.

Blue herons, this is going to make your brain exploded now. Lol......I cancelled the Eden Roc, added a couple days prior and now we are staying at the Hollywood Beach Marriott. Lol. The ER was not for our freestyle trip. Hollywood is more our speed this time. We love to sit on the boardwalk, grab some cheap drinks from the tiki bar next door (or a couple doors down) and chill. Kids can rent bikes. It's an easy couple of days. Plus it's a marriott, I use point. I get points and I'm established w them. :)

So I think me and you are good now. ;). Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Blue herons, this is going to make your brain exploded now. Lol......I cancelled the Eden Roc, added a couple days prior and now we are staying at the Hollywood Beach Marriott. Lol. The ER was not for our freestyle trip. Hollywood is more our speed this time. We love to sit on the boardwalk, grab some cheap drinks from the tiki bar next door (or a couple doors down) and chill. Kids can rent bikes. It's an easy couple of days. Plus it's a marriott, I use point. I get points and I'm established w them. :)

So I think me and you are good now. ;). Lol

I absolutely LOVE Hollywood Beach! That is a nice Marriott and you should enjoy your stay! Make sure you head over to Le Tub for a burger. Don't order anything but the burger or they might yell at you and heads up, it is a dive. BUT, one of the best burgers anywhere and the view is magnificent.

I absolutely LOVE Hollywood Beach! That is a nice Marriott and you should enjoy your stay! Make sure you head over to Le Tub for a burger. Don't order anything but the burger or they might yell at you and heads up, it is a dive. BUT, one of the best burgers anywhere and the view is magnificent.

Ah hh, I've been gone all day and have been awaiting your stamp of approval. Lol. :)))))). We have stayed at that Marriott before and we love the low keyedness (if that's a word) of it. My parents are Delray Beach snowbirds, we visit w them a couple days, dump off the kids and we head to Hollywood or Eden Roc for grown up time. Lol. Their place on the beach sits vacant from April to January, we could stay there too, but I'm too lazy to open it and close it for just a few nights.

Now, where is this LeTub's?? We will definitely go there and I will of course google it for the exact locale. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Avalon is right in the heart of south beach. It has history to it and I'm sire you have seen pictures of a old car sitting outside the hotel. And the restaurant called A Fish called Avalon is amazing. The other hotel affiliated with them is South Seas about 10 blocks north. That has the pool and its oceanside. Gorgeous!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app