opinions on these boats please

sjmbruce

[IMG]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4da03b3127ccef5b8b1bc57f600000030O00Bat2Tds5ZtAe3nwI/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00403967275020140422194358099.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/[/IMG]

ive had a really hard time finding boots to wear to Alaska. I picked these up for $40 today. I'm thinking they'll be useful for the winters here in Michigan as well. just wanted thoughts on how they'd be for Alaska. thanks!

edit: ha! boots. I meant boots in the title. guess I have my Alaska cruise - and boats - on my mind :) Edited by sjmbruce

These boots would also be useful for the winters here in Fairbanks, Alaska. Budget Queen is so right -- these boots are just too much for an Alaska cruise.

When I am on an Alaska cruise for outdoor activities I take a pair of leather and gortex hiking shoes which are water-proof.

My husband wore shorts and we wore tennis shoes on all of the Alaskan cruises we have been on. Unless you are going on a glacier, remember it's summer. When we were in Juneau, a shopkeeper asked where we were from. When I said Minnesota, she said, "Oh it's cold there!":)

I think what is most important are layers for any time you are in Glacier Bay. Light mittens and a hat would be helpful then.

thanks to everyone for the opinions....and for checking out my boats ;) I'll be keeping this pair - can't beat the price and I know I will be using them all winter long in Michigan.

[quote name='CruisinKiki']My husband wore shorts and we wore tennis shoes on all of the Alaskan cruises we have been on. Unless you are going on a glacier, remember it's summer. When we were in Juneau, a shopkeeper asked where we were from. When I said Minnesota, she said, "Oh it's cold there!":)

I think what is most important are layers for any time you are in Glacier Bay. Light mittens and a hat would be helpful then.[/QUOTE]

we will be there in early may, and will be walking on a glacier. it sounds like hiking shoes will be a better choice though

[quote name='Summerl30']I was going to bring my winter boots too. Can someone put up a link to some kind of boot that would be appropriate?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

None.

I always have several miles of "hiking" /walking and do just fine with a good pair of walking shoes. I never take any boots. My priority is packing light. Hiking boots would be for some hard core extended hiking people. :)

[quote name='sjmbruce']thanks to everyone for the opinions....and for checking out my boats ;) I'll be keeping this pair - can't beat the price and I know I will be using them all winter long in Michigan.

we will be there in early may, and will be walking on a glacier. it sounds like hiking shoes will be a better choice though[/QUOTE]

tours provide footwear. A good pair of walking shoes work just fine for many people.