Eastern or Western / Jewel or Enchantment

Hi All!

I am debating between 2 different ships, 2 different destinations for Dec 2006...

I love Eastern. The islands are beautiful. What is great about western for those of you who've gone? Which is in your opinion better?

I have been on Enchantment pre-stretch and Radiance. Both were great. Now I am thinking Jewel since I have heard great things about it...

What would you do? :rolleyes:

Eastern is my recommendation. It's a true Caribbean cruise. Western is to much Mexico for us, but we've lived in CA all our lives and Mexico is ho-hum to us.

We did enjoy Key West and I like Grand Cayman on the Western, but the Eastern islands are our favs.

I'm not sure which ship is going which direction, but I hear really good things about the Jewel. I've also been on the pre-stretch Enchantment and loved the ship, so stretched she must be magnificent.

If you can get the Jewel and an Eastern itinerary, that's the one I'd take.

Jewel is a new ship and much larger than Enchantment. People like all the glass and the hump cabins too. It has a five star rating on CC. It has two alternative restaurants (Chops/Steak House and Portofino's/Italian) in addition to the main dining room and buffet. That appeals to me because I get bored when a ship has only one dining room. I will know more when I sail Jewel in October from Boston to Bermuda and the Caribbean. Can't wait.

Not anymore....Jewel is 962 feet long. Enchantment was 916 feet long before they added 73 feet during her stretch, making her 989 feet long. :D

I think they were referring to gross tons....

Enchantment is 80,000 tons (post stretch) while Jewel is 90,000 tons.

Only 12% larger but Jewel does 7 day cruises and was built in May 2004 while Enchantment was built in July 1997 and refurbished last month but Enchantment only does Western Caribbean in the winter and 4-5 day cruises.

My personal choice would be the 7 day cruise on a brand new ship but that really depends on your budget.

Archived