14 Night Gems of Indonesia - Formal Nights?

joanne1919

Usually there are 3 formal nights on a 14 day cruise but some of my travelling companions are hoping that there are none on this cruise due to the heat and destinations. Could anyone having taken this itinerary confirm that there are formal nights?

We took this cruise in January and yes, there are three formal nights. Some people did seem to be dressed less formally than I had seen on previous Celebrity cruises...

Thanks for the info. Do you have any tips or advice about this trip as you just completed it so recently?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info. Do you have any tips or advice about this trip as you just completed it so recently?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Well, I'd advise planning your excursions carefully (we thought we'd just DIY, which worked about half of the time!) Also, the theater seemed to fill up early and we couldn't just arrive 10 minutes before the show and find a seat (this had a lot to do with people saving seats for numerous friends and family, which they're not supposed to do but it's never enforced...) So if you really want to see the show, get there EARLY.

Oh, and I'd recommend a few days in Singapore before or after the cruise. There's a lot to see (don't miss the Asian museum).

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Well, I'd advise planning your excursions carefully (we thought we'd just DIY, which worked about half of the time!)

Oh, and I'd recommend a few days in Singapore before or after the cruise. There's a lot to see (don't miss the Asian museum).

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

also booked Gems cruise, Jan. 2015. would you please tell us which ports worked, DIY and which did not, and why?

did you take any X tours? always prefer small, private tours and have private booked for Bali & Komodo, but nothing yet for Port Kelang (def. want to go to KL, and may use ship tour for that purpose, if can't find private); same for Penang.

did you (or anyone reading this..) use Tours by Locals in either PK-KL, Penang, or Phuket? if so, is there a particular guide you can recommend? (seems Tours by Locals require $200USD or higher deposit, anyone used Tours by Locals in Indonesia and have someone to recommend, would appreciate your feedback - thank you.

did you DIY in Phuket? if so, how was it? Phuket is the one port I'm thinking DIY might be OK - true?

sorry for so many questions, but truly would appreciate any feedback. (have been reading-searching ports section, but couldn't find answers to these specific questions)

thank you!

(may also have some questions for you re: Singapore hotels, etc., if you truly don't mind...will ask those later/different post!)

Edited by theampres
add