Booking Future Cruise Onboard

cruiseonly

How does booking a future cruise on board Princess Lines work.

I just read that you put a $100 deposit, and that holds it for 4 years, and when the time comes you just pay your balance due.

Do you get any shipboard credit for booking on board.

Yes - it varies with the length of trip and the cabin category. It has a minimum of $25 and a maximum of $150. If and when you do it, ask them for share the wealth coupons, which are good for friends or anyone traveling on the same cruise - they get the same benefits.

Ron

There is no rate involved - we usually book 2 or 3 "blind" bookings while on board and use them when we find a cruise and a price that looks good - they can be used by any TA - you do not have to book the cruise direct.

Ron

That is really interesting to know. Thanks for sharing. I thought you had to book a specific ship and/or date to take advantage of that. I might just book a blind reservation during my Island Princess "Hawaii" sailing in October.

We've used the Future Cruise (or "blind booking") for our two most recent cruises. One we booked directly and one through a TA. For our first we got a $100 onboard credit for our 11 day cruise which effectively paid for most of the standard tips, and we've received $50 onboard credit for our upcoming 7 day Alaska cruise. The CruiseTour, unfortunately, does not count toward the number of days - only time onboard ship.

We think this is a really good deal and keeps us thinking about where to go next.

I booked on board once and when I priced the same cruise and room category with my TA (Sam's Club) I found I could get it cheaper even considering the ship credit received from cruise line for booking on board. I cancelled my ship reservation and booked with Sams. Has anyone else comparded prices and found a similar situation?

We are not saying book a cruise while on board. Only make a deposit for a future cruise. You do not need to have any date or cruise in mind. You tell the future cruise consultant you want a future cruise deposit. They give you or put in your room a letter saying you have made a deposit for a future cruise. You have 4 years to use it, and if you decide at any time to withdraw the future cruise credit you credit card is credited the $100 you were charged

If you find a cruise you want to take tell your TA you have made the deposit and the TA calls Princess and has the deposit transfered to the TA. The letter you get from Princess has a booking number so keep the letter until you use the future cruise deposit. If you transfer the deposit to your TA then all contact on any cruise set up must be through your TA. Princess will not talk to you about a cruise your TA is handling for you.

Smudge, there was no need for you to cancel your future cruise booking. You can use it with whatever TA you want. You simply make an open booking deposit with Princess. They give you a confirmation number for that deposit. When you decide which TA you want to use and which ship/date/itinerary, you simply give your TA that number that Carnival gave you. You then don't have to make another deposit with the TA and you still get the shipboard credit. I just did this with a group cruise, and I didn't have to make a deposit since I already had the deposit with Princess, and not only did we get a $100 SBC for booking with the group, but we got the $100 SBC for doing the open booking with Princess.

Archived