Free Wi-Fi at Frog and Onion?

bjohio

We want to check email while on shore in Bermuda and thought we read on CC that the Frog and Onion has free wi-fi. Do they give you the password after you order your meal? Is the connection good? Is your time limited? Can anyone recommend other Dockyard restaurants for lunch where the wi-fi is also available and free?

http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_0001ae.htm

Above link gives some description of wi-fi availability. I don't think any of it is free. Rare exception is perhaps with purchase of a meal. Without a doubt, based on previous experience, is the library in downtown Hamilton. It's right by the Mark Twain rubber tree and you can sit in the park with lots of bandwidth. Cost is free.

I've just come upon the WiFi HotZone information on the West End website.Looks like you can buy an hour for $3, 24h for $10 and so on. Just have to locate a selling location at Dockyard which I would think is not hard. Charges seem very reasonable. We will be spending our 3rd day at the dockyard-sailing at 6, so will probably buy the 24h and catch up on email then. Assume hot spot will still work when you board ship- any comment from anyone?

We plan on buying the 24 hour package ($9.99) early in the day so will have hours left when we board ship for sailing at 6pm. Should the wi-fi still be working aboard ship until we sail out of range?

We plan on buying the 24 hour package ($9.99) early in the day so will have hours left when we board ship for sailing at 6pm. Should the wi-fi still be working aboard ship until we sail out of range?

We are going to Bermuda in October and we are interested in WiFi too from the ship.

Seems you can sign up online with CC if you can get the signal from the ship.

Purchase from shop in dockyard or online thru computer / phone....thanks to cc Gambee.

Will look at getting the three day pass for $14.99.

Can you report back how the signal was from the ship.

Capture_zpscef3c7ac.png

From what I've read here, the signal can be pretty spotty on board the ship while it's docked...apparently it's best to be on the side of the ship that's facing the dock in order to receive it. Given that, it's unlikely the signal will be available for very long after the ship pulls away.

We are going to Bermuda in October and we are interested in WiFi too from the ship.

Seems you can sign up online with CC if you can get the signal from the ship.

Purchase from shop in dockyard or online thru computer / phone....thanks to cc Gambee.

Will look at getting the three day pass for $14.99.

Can you report back how the signal was from the ship.

Capture_zpscef3c7ac.png

The three day pass looks pretty good too-may have to do that one instead. I will mark on my calendar to write back here to let everyone know how reception was and if usable on the ship. Look for it the week of May 19th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The reports I read from returning pax from Bermuda are not good.

On ship it is very spotty and weak at most.

Crew is getting off the ship and going near a little building ( a selling point I think ) to get better signal...

But some CC members said it was slow as a turtle even when in the Dockyard near the wi-fi zone.

Someone even said it was the worst money spent in Bermuda for him.

There is a free spot in Hamilton near a ice cream store :confused: I think...

I had hopes to get wi-fi on the ship but not anymore...

The reports I read from returning pax from Bermuda are not good.

On ship it is very spotty and weak at most.

Crew is getting off the ship and going near a little building ( a selling point I think ) to get better signal...

But some CC members said it was slow as a turtle even when in the Dockyard near the wi-fi zone.

Someone even said it was the worst money spent in Bermuda for him.

There is a free spot in Hamilton near a ice cream store :confused: I think...

I had hopes to get wi-fi on the ship but not anymore...

In Hamilton there is free Wi Fi at the Library.

I just got back. The WiFi was VERY slow. We bought an hour for $5 and tried to use it on our balcony on the ship, facing the port. We sent 2 short emails in the hour. It reminded us of the days of "dial up". The next day we bought another $5 hour, sat in the Dockyard, and had a little better luck. Still slow, though.

we will be paying the $100 for WIFI on the ship, the Free WIFI spots make me sort of nervous, don't need to be that connected. the 250 minutes on ship were more than sufficient for facebook and email. the speed of satellite internet is slow anyway, so no streaming of movies or such will happen.