Beverage Package Question

bbryan5

I'll be sailing May 4th from NYC to Bermuda. I know NCL doesn't offer the UBP during spring break, will it be available on my sailing? I perused NCL's website, but couldn't find any info. I also noticed it's not available for purchase of their website, is that normal? If anyone has any info, I'd appreciate it! :D

I'll be sailing May 4th from NYC to Bermuda. I know NCL doesn't offer the UBP during spring break, will it be available on my sailing?

Absolutely, and each person in the cabin must purchase it :)

I perused NCL's website, but couldn't find any info. I also noticed it's not available for purchase of their website, is that normal? Yes, it's available upon embarkation :)

If anyone has any info, I'd appreciate it! :D

You didn't ask about the price so I guess you already know it' $49/pp/pday + 15% Gratuity.

Answers are in red.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Dose the BA have angry orchard & if it does, is it included ?

I have a friend who would do well with the UBP, but it wouldn't do much for me, so I'm sort of trying to see if there is anything that might justify the cost for me.

(Hey NCL, if your reading this thread..add specialty coffee to the package ;))

Can one person buy the soda package and the other person buy the alcohol package?

No, but you get unlimited mixers/soda with the UBP. Here is website info for NCL: http://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

A 15% gratuity plus any applicable taxes will be added to all package purchases. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. This package is not available for purchase on charters, 1-2 day sailings and Pride of America. Also not available during blackout dates of March 1 – April 15, applies to sailings that includes these dates. Blackout dates do not apply to Norwegian Jade or Norwegian Spirit.

Edited by orangegrove

I'll be sailing May 4th from NYC to Bermuda. I know NCL doesn't offer the UBP during spring break, will it be available on my sailing? I perused NCL's website, but couldn't find any info. I also noticed it's not available for purchase of their website, is that normal? If anyone has any info, I'd appreciate it! :D

You're good it has ENDED!!

Sorry to hijack - but if the UBP includes soda, and we have two adults one child in the room, both adults purchase the UBP - do we have to buy the soda package for DD?

Interesting. My guess is you probably need to buy the package. You know I think I mixed up buying the bottle of liquor for the cabin with the UBP. The UBP drinks are gotten at the bar and they only give you one drink at a time. The liquor bottle in your cabin comes with unlimited mixers. You keep the bottle in the cabin and mix your drink there.

I just looked up the terms. They give you unlimited fountain soda. You could make two trips. But what about at dinner time? Or just in general during the day. You would have to get her drink every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by orangegrove

Sorry to hijack - but if the UBP includes soda, and we have two adults one child in the room, both adults purchase the UBP - do we have to buy the soda package for DD?

yes.everyone in the cabin has to have a package.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_249 using Tapatalk

Per NCL site:

Ultimate Beverage Package

Enjoy a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass during your entire cruise.

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the Soda Program

Yes you will need to buy your DD the soda package.

does anyone know if the 21 years for soda pack if the others have the ubp is applied to European cruises or will all over 18 have to have the UBC. My youngest will just have turned 18yrs so there is no way she will be having more than the odd drink.

FYI Gambee has a phenomenal drink list and breakdown of pricing on her blog. The prices are the same fleet wide I believe. If link does not work google cruise with gambee drink list http://cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-drink-lists/

On the printout/list provided by Gambee it has all the liquors and beers included in the package, but I see no wines lists. Are all types of wine included or are you subjected to only like the "house" white/red like if you went out to dinner. Top shelf liquor included so assuming all glasses of wine as well, but want to make sure for the wifey

Question...since you have to purchase the beverage package every day of your cruise, does that include the last day where you disembark by 10am or so? I would hate to pay $50 for alcohol for a day that doesn't have the opportunity to drink. Really.

Your Cruise goes by how many nights on board. ;)

On the printout/list provided by Gambee it has all the liquors and beers included in the package, but I see no wines lists. Are all types of wine included or are you subjected to only like the "house" white/red like if you went out to dinner. Top shelf liquor included so assuming all glasses of wine as well, but want to make sure for the wifey

You can view the wine lists on Gambee's site as well - it includes all glasses of wine under $10 I believe (which is most of them). Keep in mind that you are limited to the wines which they sell by the glass.

I just used this and they took off all drinks i had including the Cosmo which was more than $8.50. (i had asked for the cheaper voli Cosmo but was charged for svedka!) i was around $300 up, but it was a transatlantic with few port stops... I drunk lots of prosecco at $9.00 aglass.

I just used this and they took off all drinks i had including the Cosmo which was more than $8.50. (i had asked for the cheaper voli Cosmo but was charged for svedka!) i was around $300 up, but it was a transatlantic with few port stops... I drunk lots of prosecco at $9.00 aglass.

Kirsty r, can you please provide more detail? How were the above $8.50 drinks included? Did u have to request them a certain way? Tip the bartender extra? Or was it just a surprise that they came up as included on your bill? Thanks!

Kirsty r, can you please provide more detail? How were the above $8.50 drinks included? Did u have to request them a certain way? Tip the bartender extra? Or was it just a surprise that they came up as included on your bill? Thanks!

All drinks are charged to your account then removed on the last night. I had gone to guest services on the last day asked for a printout to check with none of the UBP drinks included and all the drinks were taken off. Maybe it was a fluke, or maybe they knew this bartender upgraded without permission!

I definitely didn't tip this bartender, as I had pointed at the promo info about the cosmo made with voli when ordering to get the $7.50 one.

So total surprise...

Also some bartenders mark your receipt UBP, but even if they don't those drinks are removed. I'm sure there must be an easier way for NCL to manage the package than to charge our accounts, it gets confusing to see what are drinks and what are actual other charges, as they all mingle with each other.

I know im jumping in here and I have never been on a cruise before but I have been on these boards alot regarding ubp and the food package. From a mass observation from all the forums I have noticed that most people say that with a little tip and good conversation most bartenders aboard the ship will give you premium booze and put in well booze towards your ubp package. And if a drink is still on your bill guest services will gladly take it off your bill. I personally am willing to roll the dice a little for a good drink.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me how you are charged after you buy the ultimate beverage package?

Do they take the card and swipe it every time, or do you just show it to them?

Is there a wait period in between drinks? For example, I get a drink, and have to wait 10 minutes to get another drink?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums