Carnival Dream?

kchiumento

We are planning another cruise - only my second ever with the kids and possibly some family members. We are thinking of Dream out of NOLA in 2015. I'm nervous because out last cruise was on an older ship and didn't have a lot of bells and whistles that the kids hear about on the newer cruise ships. So what's the story with Carnival Dream? I am also spoiled because we went on NCL and I LOVE the freestyle cruising concept and I don't think I can conform to eating at the same time every night. So help me out. Our kids will be 14, 12 and 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Dream was put into service in 2009, so it is not old. My kids, age 13 and 16, have been on the Fascination, built in 1994, and on the Dream and loved them both. On the Dream, there were more "bells and whistles" as you say, but they loved both ships equally for different reasons. The waterslides were better on the Dream...

Thanks. I'm feeling a bit better. The NCL ship we went on was launched in 2007, I didn't think it was that old either. But the waterside was "lame" as my brand new teenager tells me. So far I have heard only positive things about Dream. And the pics I've seen look beautiful.

Thanks. I'm feeling a bit better. The NCL ship we went on was launched in 2007, I didn't think it was that old either. But the waterside was "lame" as my brand new teenager tells me. So far I have heard only positive things about Dream. And the pics I've seen look beautiful.

Go to YouTube and search for Carnival Dream. There are lots of videos there of the ship and the things to do. A lot of videos of the water slides that you can show your kids. The teen areas on it look great. Also search for Cloud 9 Spa which is a nice Adult area (extra charge) and the Serenity area which is large and Adults Only. There are 2 pool areas - one that is mid-ship and one that is aft. The Dream also has the large video screen for Movies and Videos.

We went on the Dream last year and loved it! My favorite slide was the big toilet bowl flush styled slide. :) My kids loved the tall twisty slide. We all loved the 18 hole putt putt golf course. The huge arcade with all of the "cool" games, as my kids put it, was where my kids lived. :rolleyes: There's also a larger nicer candy store, we all made plenty of purchases there. :D You will love the Dream!