RCI Rhapsody/Radiance drink packages

I know these drink packages have been discussed infinitum but was just wondering if anyone who has sailed on these ships knows if the beers available are different between the Select package and the Premium package. On the RCI drinks package webpage it just says 'Beer' for both. Don't want to purchase the wrong one for hubby, or for that matter pay more for the Premium Package when he only drinks everyday Aussie beer (VB/Fosters) that may also be available on the Select package.:)

We were on voyager couple months ago. Same beer is included in all the packages. Ie. beer package(classic package) premium package, ultimate package, makes no difference. It's the other inc things that are different. Like our premium package inc.. Beers, top shelf, Cocktails up yo $12 (which were pretty much everything) wine up to $10 per glass (again inc. large range) bottled water, mock tails, soft drinks etc. where the ultimate package included everything we had in the premium but also included specialty coffees, freshly squeezed juice and sparkling waters. If all that makes sense. 😃so if you are a beer lover, you will be fine. Our husbands can vouch for that, they consumed quite a lot of : Guinness, crownies, vb,coronas, and many many more. Their diet consisted mainly of Guinness. Yuckkkk.

• 6 months later...
We were on voyager couple months ago. Same beer is included in all the packages. Ie. beer package(classic package) premium package, ultimate package, makes no difference. It's the other inc things that are different. Like our premium package inc.. Beers, top shelf, Cocktails up yo $12 (which were pretty much everything) wine up to $10 per glass (again inc. large range) bottled water, mock tails, soft drinks etc. where the ultimate package included everything we had in the premium but also included specialty coffees, freshly squeezed juice and sparkling waters. If all that makes sense. 😃so if you are a beer lover, you will be fine. Our husbands can vouch for that, they consumed quite a lot of : Guinness, crownies, vb,coronas, and many many more. Their diet consisted mainly of Guinness. Yuckkkk.

Love it when I find the exact answer I was looking for :)

We're on rhapsody in march. Have been considering the drinks packages too. Initially thought we'd go the ultimate but then we're unsure about the value as 4 days of our 9 night cruise will be spent on islands. Opinions on value?

We're on rhapsody in march. Have been considering the drinks packages too. Initially thought we'd go the ultimate but then we're unsure about the value as 4 days of our 9 night cruise will be spent on islands. Opinions on value?

We had lots of sea days on our last voyage so my friend was considering a drinks package. I suggested that she just pay as she goes the first 2 days then add up how much she'd spent.

If it was over the daily price of the package then it's worthwhile to purchase, otherwise just PAYG.

She would have 3 wines, a martini or a double scotch each day but still found it cheaper to PAYG.

Only you'd know if you'd be inclined to drink more than usual to "get your money's worth"!

The decision is yours alone! Enjoy your cruise!

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Unlike a NZ cruise where you will spend most of any port day off the ship, many people on the Sth Pacific cruises will spend a few hours on an island and then head back to the ship for lunch, maybe go back to the island after lunch or stay on board. There's not really all that much to do at most ports (Vila excepted) other than go snorkelling. Plus most people tend to drink more late afternoon and into the evening, when you will be back on board. Bottom line is that if the drinks package is likely to be of value to you generally, the 4 Island stops are unlikely to change that.

Edited by SydSailor

• 1 month later...

I just went on a short four-day Caribbean cruise with my husband, our two kids and their significant others. We had three cabins. You are allowed to bring two bottles of wine and one liter of water on board, in a carry on only (NOT packed in suitcase), per cabin. You can drink the bottle of wine in your cabin - or bring it with you to dinner, and no corkage fee will be charged. We brought two larger bottles of wine (not expensive) along with four standard bottles - no comments were made.

We didn't end up drinking all the wine we brought because we didn't think to take it to dinner the first couple nights, but it was very convenient, and obviously cost-effective.

If you only have one cabin, you are limited to two bottles of wine, and one liter of water. It's a start.