shopping and good buys

lmedw

Ok - I've been saving my coins (LOL) and want an idea of what's good to buy while on the island. Can I get Burberry less than in the states? TIA.:cool:

Shopping in Bermuda can be very expensive,and now that Trimingham's has closed it will be scarce although there are still a few higher end shops.Prices compared to the US.The only money saved if items are not on sale are the higher priced items and that would be the sales tax.You may find some china,irish linens and some jewelery an ok buy,but like I said nothing is cheap.I am not sure if yiou will find Burberry,but you may at the English Shop,but you will have to know your prices here before you go.There are a few really good shops for some different bathing suits.have fun.

Trimingham's was "THE" place to shop. I was lucky and got in on the 50-percent off sale. Got a gorgeous Burberry umbrella and a shirt. Also bought Baccarat candle stick holders for half off!!! And jewelry... wow.. I'm going to miss that store!

Also remember, that if you pay by Visa or Mastercard, you're in a foreign country, so you'll get hit with a foreign exchange fee. I was shocked to find 3% added on my bill. :( But, I still can't complain because I got some REAL bargains at Triminghams.

I would say, don't bother doing a lot of time shopping. You can do better in a high-end outlet mall like Woodbury Common in Woodbury, NY.

One of the things Bermuda is noted for is the Longtail...my wife has several longtail pendents of various sizes...just dont ask me how much she payed...:D I'm usually outside watching the traffic...LOL..Vera P. Card is one of her favorite shops..

Hi Pat from Holbrook...my sister lives there...My wife said that the longtails are not exactly inexpensive...so get one for yourself....:D and don't forget,no sales tax..;)

Thanks Jeanne. I'll look into that. The Longtail too - for me.

You're welcome. E Aubrey's also carries the Longtail pendants and they are nice.

Also, even though the perfumery closed down, there is a shop on Front Street that just sells perfume across from the Ferry which has a cologne type spray for $19.99 called Tempest which I purchase several of when in Bermuda as the floral fragrance makes a nice gift or stocking stuffer and this product is manufactured in Bermuda, not some perfume from another island.

Archived