Purchasing Bottles of Liquor On board

TRAVELINGMAN2

Do you have to order the bar setup from Celebrity, before the cruise, to have a bottle of liquor in your cabin or can you order just a bottle from one of the bars? We really don't need the soda and the nuts. Does anyone know what the cost is?

Celebrity lists available liquors on their website along with prices if you wish to pre-order. Expect to pay on the order of $80 - $100 per bottle.

I would also like to know if it is necessary to purchase in advance or if you can simply order during your cruise?

The advantage of purchasing before you are onboard is that you do NOT pay the service charge [15%] that you will pay on the ship. The price is the same [other than the service charge] in both situations [but I cannot remember if you get the sodas if you purchase on board].

Edited by Project_gal

The advantage of purchasing before you are onboard is that you do NOT pay the service charge [15%] that you will pay on the ship. The price is the same [other than the service charge] in both situations [but I cannot remember if you get the sodas if you purchase on board].

Thanks! That's good information!

Celebrity lists available liquors on their website along with prices if you wish to pre-order. Expect to pay on the order of $80 - $100 per bottle.

I would also like to know if it is necessary to purchase in advance or if you can simply order during your cruise?

Wow that much for a bottle? No wonder Rum Runners are so popular.

Celebrity also has a Classic and Premium drink package that you can buy or get it when booking the reservation as long as it is available. The drink package does not get you bottles for your room. You can also bring 2 bottles of wine or champagne on board in your carry on luggage.

Not sure if you already knew this, but I thought I would post it.

Wow that much for a bottle? No wonder Rum Runners are so popular.

Celebrity also has a Classic and Premium drink package that you can buy or get it when booking the reservation as long as it is available. The drink package does not get you bottles for your room. You can also bring 2 bottles of wine or champagne on board in your carry on luggage. It would be nice if we could bring a 375ml bottle, but then again anything I would want to bring on board probably doesn't come in that size.

Not sure if you already knew this, but I thought I would post it.