DCL Prices

CALYMO

I have a quick question about cruise pricing and how they fluxuate...

I just came back from my first ever cruise on the Fantasy and have my eyes and heart set on another one next March or April :)

I priced them about two weeks ago through Disneys site directly and when I priced the same cruise same room category today the price has gone up by a little more than 100.00.

In your experience do the prices go up and down a little all the time, or if I know what cruise I want should I be booking right now? I am worried if I wait another week of two the cost will just continue to rise?

But I am also waiting on another couple who may cruise with us to decide for sure one way or another...

Any advice would be great

Cara

It's almost always better to book early, EXCEPT if you are dealing with a non-refundable deposit/fare. If the fare drops and you notice it, you can normally get yours adjusted up until final payment date.

Suites and concierges have different rules.

I have a quick question about cruise pricing and how they fluxuate...

I just came back from my first ever cruise on the Fantasy and have my eyes and heart set on another one next March or April :)

I priced them about two weeks ago through Disneys site directly and when I priced the same cruise same room category today the price has gone up by a little more than 100.00.

In your experience do the prices go up and down a little all the time, or if I know what cruise I want should I be booking right now? I am worried if I wait another week of two the cost will just continue to rise?

But I am also waiting on another couple who may cruise with us to decide for sure one way or another...

Any advice would be great

Cara

Fares normally go up as the ship fills. As noted, as long as you are on a rebooking on board (regular with 10% discount) fare, you can get an adjustment should the fare decrease before the penalty date. While decreases are rare, they do happen.

There is no way to predict whether the rates will rise over the next few weeks--depends on how many people book.

If your friends can't decide, you should book now. They can book when they are ready, and you can adjust your cabin number if desired to be in two rooms near each other. But YOU will have locked in your max price (unless you change categories).

Was your Fantasy cruise your first disney cruise? If so, you should be getting a thank you for cruising letter from DCL soon and advising you that you are now in the Castaway Club and offering you a 10% discount if you book your next cruise by a certain deadline. That is if they are still doing this.

In my experience, it is always better to book as early as possible with DCL. I normally book as soon as the month I want is open for booking. Their prices go up pretty fast and any drop in pricing on our cruises were just a few bucks close to final payment date.

Edited by Irene7

Was your Fantasy cruise your first disney cruise? If so, you should be getting a thank you for cruising letter from DCL soon and advising you that you are now in the Castaway Club and offering you a 10% discount if you book your next cruise by a certain deadline. That is if they are still doing this.

In my experience, it is always better to book as early as possible with DCL. I normally book as soon as the month I want is open for booking. Their prices go up pretty fast and any drop in pricing on our cruises were just a few bucks close to final payment date.

I'll point out that not everyone receives that 10% discount offer after returning home.

Agreed. Three DCL cruises and we have never received this offer.

Interesting and at the same time odd. I wonder why some do and some don't. I have received the offer a couple of weeks after we returned from our first cruise and then again a few months later. Nothing since though.

I have just booked a June 29, 2015 Norway and Iceland cruise. As I didn't have the money for the deposit two weeks ago, we had to wait until today, meanwhile the price has risen by$1,000 for a 9c grade as the ship is nearly full - if you want a certain cruise and it is in demand - book early!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have just booked a June 29, 2015 Norway and Iceland cruise. As I didn't have the money for the deposit two weeks ago, we had to wait until today, meanwhile the price has risen by$1,000 for a 9c grade as the ship is nearly full - if you want a certain cruise and it is in demand - book early!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes that's a very popular one and will go up further with the sealed port for Scotland, I wish I could do it.

I took my first Disney Cruise in Feb and recieved this 10% offer in early March, along with the magnet, welcome letter, and Castaway Club Card.

That's great.

I think some people posting here, haven't cruised for a few years, do if you do not cruise DCL you can't get one!

Sent from my iPad.