MSC Club Points

Danbee46

We sailed on the Divina in March and just received our MSC Club cards. Will they credit me with any points from this first cruise? If so, is there any way to find out how much on the MSC Website? I looked but I couldn't find a link.

Yep, they will credit you for your first sailing. Since you have already received your cards, they should already be on your account. If you haven't done so, go here

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/MyMSC/Registration-Form.aspx

and create an account. That's where I go to check my points.

Bret

I'm assuming you automatically become a member when you create an account to book a cruise online.

Well, I was asking because the link to the form that CruiseGuy posted is the one I had to fill out before I could book my cruise online.

That's the online form to create an online account, not join MSC Club. The original oater had been asking how to see points earned and you need to have an online account and link that to your Club number in order to view online the points you have. Hope that makes sense!

I have book with travel agent, first time with MSC will I still be able to apply for club points?

Yes doesn't matter which way you book, you can still earn points for nights onboard and onboard spend. You can join on the ship or online. Do keep an eye on your point when you get back. I've never had problems getting the points credited for the nights I've been onboard but sometimes had to email them to get onboard ends credited. Cards often take weeks to turn up, but the main thing is the MSC Club membership number. You can't join until you're onboard or have completed your first cruise.

AmoMondo just noticed that you are from Edinburgh so you will know what Irnbru is, do MSC stock Irnbru as other half does not drink alcohol and likes his other national drink sorry for so many questions

Nope, no Irnbru I'm afraid. You'll have to train him to drink something else! Some of the fresh juices at the vitamin bar are fantastic.

Don't worry about asking questions, I've no problem answering them. As for what do you do with MSC Club points - you get great perks the more you have. There are 4 membership levels (bit like airline loyalty programmes). I'm in the top tier (black) so I get 20% discount on my cruises! champagne and chocolate strawberries onboard! ticket for the first tender boat in tender ports! a lunch or dinner with the officers! priority boarding. Have a look at MSC's UK site and there is a section showing how points are earned, points needed for each category and the benefits each have. Basically though you get a point for every night onboard and one for every €200 spent onboard.

That's the online form to create an online account, not join MSC Club. The original oater had been asking how to see points earned and you need to have an online account and link that to your Club number in order to view online the points you have. Hope that makes sense!

Do you wait to join after your first cruise or can you join before your first cruise?

Do you wait to join after your first cruise or can you join before your first cruise?

You have to complete three nights onboard before you can join, which is why you can join on board, or online after your first cruise

UMSCCLUBELIG.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thank you. Is it easy to keep track of the points and what do you get with them?

Keep track of your onboard spend (especially on the penultimate day), don't forget service charge counts (though NOT PREPAID) as onboard spend, as do any preordered drinks packages, excursions etc (but NOT PREPAID), so that if you are close to a multiple of €200/$200 you ensure you trigger that point with a small item of spend and so get that additional point on you MSC Club Account.

It would be silly to have a final spend of €389 and get 1 point when spending €11 extra ( a couple of bars of chocolate etc) to give a total of €400 gives you 2 points.

These are the current benefits (please ignore the red circles/elipses as they were used in another post to show who gets priority boarding. Only black card holders now, it used to be any club member back in the early days)

MSCbenefits.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

It may be different in the US but over here, you can only join whilst on your cruise or after your cruise.

Edited by AmoMondo

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have 2 cruises booked for October with MSC, my first with them, the cruises are 2 days apart.

According to the MSC Cruises English brochure October 2013 / November 2014 page 29 new to the MSC Club is :_

'NEW "Welcome" membership status. becoming an MSC Club member from the moment you book your first cruise! To receive your first points and qualify for great special offers, just enrol online.'

This does not seem possible on the English site so I suppose my best option will be to apply on board after 3 days of my first cruise.

Can't read Italian at the moment I am afraid but feel the Italian site may allow the "Welcome" offer. If so this would seem to be unfair.

Comments please

Thanks,

Phil

Hi,

I have 2 cruises booked for October with MSC, my first with them, the cruises are 2 days apart.

According to the MSC Cruises English brochure October 2013 / November 2014 page 29 new to the MSC Club is :_

'NEW "Welcome" membership status. becoming an MSC Club member from the moment you book your first cruise! To receive your first points and qualify for great special offers, just enrol online.'

This does not seem possible on the English site so I suppose my best option will be to apply on board after 3 days of my first cruise.

Can't read Italian at the moment I am afraid but feel the Italian site may allow the "Welcome" offer. If so this would seem to be unfair.

Comments please

Thanks,

Phil

Go to the future cruise desk on the Divina and they will give you an application , fill it out and give it back to the consultant.

Go to the future cruise desk on the Divina and they will give you an application , fill it out and give it back to the consultant.

It is not necessary to visit the future cruise desk on the Divina. The future cruise desk (permanent or temporary in the main day time activities area) on whichever MSC ship you happen to be on will do. Getting to the future cruise desk on the Divina would be very inconvenient for most MSC cruisers.

Hi,

Comments please

Thanks,

Phil

I started a thread on this subject when the brochure first came out

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1872797

here is a link to that brochure (opens at the relevant page)

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/a1c4b3fc#/a1c4b3fc/28

but that brochure has now been superceeded and none of the new brochures mention it.

It seems to me that the new man at the top, Giles Hawke, has let the idea vanish into thin air, whilst he pursues his completely rubbish idea of the "expiriences". If there is one way of limiting customer choice "expiriences " is it.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Before our first, three day cruise on Divina in May, we had signed up for the MSC Club prior to our sailing. We received our MSC Club membership number as well as our 5% discounts on all of our future sailings after that first cruise. We haven't received our cards yet but were told they usually take 6 to 8 weeks. I do wish there was a way to access your points though, just to be sure they are accurate. I guess for now I will hang onto our onboard spending receipts just in case.

Edited by Mikesa1721