Help! Least obstructed Ocean View on Pearl?

lasnev

• 8 months later...
Curious as well! I have 8598 and 8600 booked.

Well it has been a while since you posted this question and received no responses, so I have 8598 booked for a cruise starting in April 2015 and I would love to hear your comments on this room.

Thanks in advance for sharing this info.

• 4 months later...

I just returned from my Pearl cruise in 8600, and the view was great! I think 8598 would be a very similar view. It's behind one of the smaller lifeboats so the view out is near perfect. There are no metal structures in the way blocking the outward view. You're just unable to look down to the water. When I get home from work I'll post a picture.

We were VERY happy with and pleasantly surprised by the view we had, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay in this room again in the future.

ginluv18, for the locks, however, I do not know if it would be great as I imagine since the canal is so tight that you would want to look down to see the mechanics. My cruise was to Alaska so most of the view were the mountains on the horizon, so the view was great.

Edited by Alegeeter

Thank you so much for the response! Now I'm really excited! We need the obstructed view because my mother needs handicapped access and we were allowed to stay next door to her--I heard the room is much larger than a standard room. I will definitely be on the deck for the locks passage--I'm more interested in just having a view while at sea or at dock. I can't wait to see the pics!