OMG! OMG! I just booked the Freedom repo!

Lol! I think I get the itch to book a new one as soon as I'm off a cruise!

LOL agreed! But I now I can afford it, where as this past January we couldn't. So it makes it that much more real. I need a new countdown. :) I just don't know which ship. Possibly Glory. I'm liking the Eastern itineraries. The repo sounds amazing, but 12 days is too long to take off of work. I just did that for my honeymoon. I think my staff would kill me if I took off 2 weeks again. :eek:

I thought repos are usually cheaper due to the travel logistics. This one sure isn't cheap!!!

Splendor was for about the 1st 2 weeks and then the price doubled. They sell!! It will surprise me if prices go down.

Guess Texas is popular because cruises are highest here.

Splendor was for about the 1st 2 weeks and then the price doubled. They sell!! It will surprise me if prices go down.

Guess Texas is popular because cruises are highest here.

DH and I had been looking at the Pride repo from Tampa back to Baltimore next year, but decided it was a little pricey and a big commitment of days (14) with numerous sea days. A couple weeks later the prices for that cruise skyrocketed, so I knew with this Freedom repo that we had to book early!

I really want to do this Repo cruise as well. I do have a question though. The closest airport to Galveston is the Houston airport which is about an hour away does carnival offer transfers from the ship to the airport? thanks in advance.

I really want to do this Repo cruise as well. I do have a question though. The closest airport to Galveston is the Houston airport which is about an hour away does carnival offer transfers from the ship to the airport? thanks in advance.

Yes. Try and do Hobby (HOU) and not Intercontinental (IAH) if possible, as Hobby is about 45 minutes closer. However, at Hobby you are limited to SWA and a few other airlines. IAH has all except for SWA.

I am excited for you & perhaps a little jealous. Well ok make that A LOT jealous LOL!

If you want a great tour in St Lucia contact Serenity Tours. We took a private tour with them several years ago & it was by far the best tour we ever took. They were a relatively small company back then & have grown substantially since then which I'm sure is due to the wonderful experience they provide. We had only 4 people in our group & did a land & sea tour which can be customized to go anywhere you want. We've been to St Lucia 2x & have also taken a ship land & Sea excursion which included a catamaran snorkeling portion which was also enjoyable but the personal service provided by serenity was so memorable & the cost was comparable.

We booked too!!!! Going to use miles to pay for flights to FLL. stay Sunday night before sailing. Can't wait. We were looking at 4J but snagged a Scenic Oceanview on Lido deck. So excited. Now to wait for Southwest to post flights back to Dallas=-O

Carnival does offer transport to the Houston airport. We may end up signing up for that as it might be the most convenient method of getting to the airport.

I am excited for you & perhaps a little jealous. Well ok make that A LOT jealous LOL!

If you want a great tour in St Lucia contact Serenity Tours. We took a private tour with them several years ago & it was by far the best tour we ever took. They were a relatively small company back then & have grown substantially since then which I'm sure is due to the wonderful experience they provide. We had only 4 people in our group & did a land & sea tour which can be customized to go anywhere you want. We've been to St Lucia 2x & have also taken a ship land & Sea excursion which included a catamaran snorkeling portion which was also enjoyable but the personal service provided by serenity was so memorable & the cost was comparable.

Thanks for the tip! I'm most excited about St. Lucia and really, really want to see the Pitons and take tons of pictures of them. We were looking at a catamaran excursion through Carnival, but I'll be sure to check out Serenity Tours, too!

We booked too!!!! Going to use miles to pay for flights to FLL. stay Sunday night before sailing. Can't wait. We were looking at 4J but snagged a Scenic Oceanview on Lido deck. So excited. Now to wait for Southwest to post flights back to Dallas=-O

Yes, we like staying the night before a cruise, too. Especially coming from N.H. in the winter! Oh, I'm jealous of your scenic oceanview! We were going to do that, but decided to save that extra bit of money for excursions and such. 280 days! Lol! ;)

Yes, we like staying the night before a cruise, too. Especially coming from N.H. in the winter! Oh, I'm jealous of your scenic oceanview! We were going to do that, but decided to save that extra bit of money for excursions and such. 280 days! Lol! ;)

Living near Dallas we never know how the weather will be at that time of year. We are hoping for warm weather and no ice! Our biggest problem is flying out of DFW then trying to fly into Love Field. We are looking at inexpensive ways for trying to use 2 airports. We most likely will end up having to fly out of IAH instead of Hobby because we will leave our car at DFW.

Hello everyone. I just cancelled our Dec Cruise on the sunshine for this cruise. Just Dh and I will be going. We booked a porthole cabin so we would have more money for excursions and such. Soooo excited this will be the longest cruise we have ever taken and St. Lucia is a bonus!!!

Hello everyone. I just cancelled our Dec Cruise on the sunshine for this cruise. Just Dh and I will be going. We booked a porthole cabin so we would have more money for excursions and such. Soooo excited this will be the longest cruise we have ever taken and St. Lucia is a bonus!!!

We did a similar thing by booking the 4J cabin; we figured we would have the money we saved from not booking an ocean view to use for excursions. I'm most excited about St. Lucia because not only does it look GORGEOUS, but Carnival doesn't go there too often either. And yes, longest cruise for us too! Will be our sixth cruise overall.

I'm over the moon right now! Hubby agreed to the Freedom repo Feb. 2-14, 2015. :D We booked an interior with walkway view room and I'm hoping that my choice has a couch! If not, no biggie. I mean, I'd sleep in the crew quarters if I had to! Excited about St. Lucia and DH has been dying to go to Aruba. And 12 days! Wow! Okay, just had to share in my excitement! Now I gotta get back to work to start paying for it! :eek:

:)OMG OMG OMG How exciting!!!

Question for anyone here... we have only sailed out of Galveston since they started the Cheers program. Sailing from Galveston Cheers can only be purchased day 2; is that the same for Florida?

You can purchase 1st day out of any Florida ports.

Well, made it official today!! DH and I were originally on the Conquest 2/8 and were being moved to the Splendor. Had a grand scenic OV for the first time on the Conquest (which was one of the reasons I chose that cruise) - so was not too happy to be bounced!!! But, as they say, things happen for a reason. I came across this once-in-a-lifetime cruise and just couldn't stop thinking about it. So, forget the Spendor and the Conquest - Freedom repo, here we come!! We also have never cruised this long, and I LOVE the ports. Have never been to Aruba or Curacao. Was scheduled for Aruba on the Destiny years ago out of San Juan, and the ship lost power for 8 hours, so they had to skip Aruba and went to St. Lucia instead. There were almost riots on the ship, since Aruba was the most anticipated port for most people . . . so hopefully we'll get there this time :p Anyway, will be interested to start researching the ports and look forward to reading who else will be joining us on this cruise. Hoping when Southwest fares come out for Houston, they will be reasonable (since it is start of President's week holiday vacation) . . .

Lol! I think I get the itch to book a new one as soon as I'm off a cruise!

I feel the same way!!! Have to have something to look forward to as soon as you get off the ship!;)

By the way, I nominate you to start the roll call (if you haven't already). And how do you get those nice pictures under your signature?? I forget how to do the clock countdown too!!!

Well, made it official today!! DH and I were originally on the Conquest 2/8 and were being moved to the Splendor. Had a grand scenic OV for the first time on the Conquest (which was one of the reasons I chose that cruise) - so was not too happy to be bounced!!! But, as they say, things happen for a reason. I came across this once-in-a-lifetime cruise and just couldn't stop thinking about it. So, forget the Spendor and the Conquest - Freedom repo, here we come!! We also have never cruised this long, and I LOVE the ports. Have never been to Aruba or Curacao. Was scheduled for Aruba on the Destiny years ago out of San Juan, and the ship lost power for 8 hours, so they had to skip Aruba and went to St. Lucia instead. There were almost riots on the ship, since Aruba was the most anticipated port for most people . . . so hopefully we'll get there this time :p Anyway, will be interested to start researching the ports and look forward to reading who else will be joining us on this cruise. Hoping when Southwest fares come out for Houston, they will be reasonable (since it is start of President's week holiday vacation) . . .

Welcome aboard! It is going to be so much fun! :D I hope we don't miss Aruba either as DH would be very bummed!

A couple of quick questionS

How many Elegant nights will a 12 day have?

Any idea on what days they may be?

I looked on Carnival's website and found out that there are still just two elegant nights, even on a 12 day cruise. Not exactly sure when those nights will be, but since we have six sea days, there are plenty of options!

I feel the same way!!! Have to have something to look forward to as soon as you get off the ship!;)

By the way, I nominate you to start the roll call (if you haven't already). And how do you get those nice pictures under your signature?? I forget how to do the clock countdown too!!!

Aw, thanks! I actually looked a few days ago and someone had already started a roll call. It is called February 2/2015 repo (or something of the sort).

It looks like you figured out how to do the countdown clock! I put the pictures right in the edit signature part (where you put the clock).