Book a cruise ON a cruise?

Dasguptah

I have a short cruise planned in August and am thinking about booking our next big family cruise while on board. I'm always impressed with the deals they advertise when you're onboard (either lower fares or credit). Is it worth the hype? Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Not sure if there are any deals done while onboard that you can't get being off the ship. The one benefit you will get is an onboard credit for the future cruise. The amount of the OBC is dependent on the length of the cruise. I think it is $50 for 6 days or less, $100 for 7-12, $200 for 13+ for each cabin booked. You will also get 2 Friend and Family coupons that will give a friend or family member the same OBC if they book within 60 days of yours.

If you do this, come prepared with the cruise you want, cabin you desire, and what the total costs will be. You can also look this up while on the cruise ship using the internet terminals (at no cost). Lastly, do this on one of the first few days on the ship. The lines will get longer as the end of the cruise gets closer.

Steve

Good thoughts Steve. Thank you.

I like the idea of doing all the leg work ahead of time so I know if it's a deal or not. Good call! And picking a stateroom is good too. I'll come prepared with a couple choices, just in case.

I have done this several times! It is easy, and yes...go early on in your cruise...the lineups can be huge! If you are requiring more than one cabin, and not too particular about location, use one of your Friend and Family vouchers and book the remaining cabins AFTER YOU GET HOME! It will save you the immediate funds for deposits! Good luck!

We just did it, but make sure you do your homework so that you know what you want when you get there. They do try and upsell you if you're not prepared......but it is kinda handy knowing what you want and you can pick the cabin you want......and the extra OBC is worth it!

If I book my next cruise on my cruise will my PVP get credit for the booking? She does a great job and would not want to cut her short.

yes....you just tell the booking agent that you want it to go to your TA or PVP...maybe be sure to have that info with you....or, if that PVP ws the last one to book you, it would be in the system!