Breakaway staff - May 2014

MrMike45

First time poster, and if this is someplace else, I apologize. Did a search and couldn't find it.

Me and the wife are going on the Breakaway on May 4th to Bermuda. We've been on the boat and 5 other cruises. The week before the Breakaway does the Florida/Bahamas run. We're on the first run to Bermuda in 2014.

I believe Dan the Man is the Cruise director right now. He's pretty good, we have had him before. But on his facebook page, Sinan says he is doing the Getaway now and the Breakaway in May. Sinan is the best cruise director ever. His is like a real life cartoon character with his laugh and antics. We're really hoping to get him.

Does anyone know if the staff changes when the itenararies do? So would Dan be on the Breakaway for the Bahamas run, and then when it switches to Bermuda, they switch and that is when Sinan will be there?

Thanks

Sinan's schedule has changed and he will be on The Getaway until early July and then his vacation. I believe he said the other day that Julie was currently on The Breakaway.

Staffs changes occur by length of contract not by the season of the ships. Depending on the particular position of a staff member contracts can run anywhere from 10 weeks on 10 weeks off to 9 months on 2 months off.

looks like i am going to miss Sinan :(. I had him on the Gem 2 years ago and was looking forward to having him again :(

Yeah was hoping to have him as well. I don't think a cruise director makes or breaks a cruise by any means. But we go to all the parties and shows and stuff, so see them alot. Don't think we've ever been on a cruise with Julie, but I'm sure she is great

I think Sinan is one of the weakest CD I ever encountered--and I ahve been on 25 cruises.

He has no real talent and difficult to understand--That is what makes a horse race!!

Yeah was hoping to have him as well. I don't think a cruise director makes or breaks a cruise by any means. But we go to all the parties and shows and stuff, so see them alot. Don't think we've ever been on a cruise with Julie, but I'm sure she is great

Julie was the Cruise Director that was on the Breakaway for Her Transatlantic Crossing to New York City last spring and she was the Cruise Director for The Getaway's Transatlantic Crossing this past January from Southampton, United Kingdom to New York City. If that gives you an indication. She is very good. I have sailed with her a number of times as I have with Sinan. Both very different people but both very good at what they do.

I love Sinan! We cruise with him back when he was Bingo Boy, I think on the Dawn. I just got off the Getaway with him a few weeks ago and he was great as CD! Wish he was going to be on the Breakaway next week (we're on May4th sailing, too), but I've only had one CD who was annoying. I think his name was John and he was actually the CD with Sinan as BB. :D

How does one pronounce Sinan's name? With what does it rhyme? Is the emphasis on the first or last syllable? When I read it, I always say it like it rhymes with grinnin'. haha Or is it SiNON, like non-dairy creamer? Or SinAN, like kick the can?

How does one pronounce Sinan's name? With what does it rhyme? Is the emphasis on the first or last syllable? When I read it, I always say it like it rhymes with grinnin'. haha Or is it SiNON, like non-dairy creamer? Or SinAN, like kick the can?

C-non

I think

The joke he had on the BA in December was that his name is Sinan-- you SEE ALL, but I SEE NONE (Sinan). I couldn't stand him. Not my style I suppose ;) Hope that helped!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I love Sinan! We cruise with him back when he was Bingo Boy, I think on the Dawn. I just got off the Getaway with him a few weeks ago and he was great as CD! Wish he was going to be on the Breakaway next week (we're on May4th sailing, too), but I've only had one CD who was annoying. I think his name was John and he was actually the CD with Sinan as BB. :D

Was that John the Cracker Jack guy?