Questions for those that have done Rome/Rome

TSUmom

We will be cruising on the Epic in May of 2015. Embarking in Rome - we chose this so that we can spend more time in Rome.

We will be having our first Haven experience but am now wondering if we will even be offered the priority embarkation and debarkation since this cruise begins in Barcelona and we are boarding mid-cruise.

Also, will we be able to enjoy a sail away party from Rome or are all of the festivities based on Barcelona Departures?

I am also wondering how our port stop in Barcelona will work if the majority of passengers will be ending their cruise and a whole new group will be boarding.

Thank you in advance for any and all replies:D

TSU Mom I am also going Rome/Rome in the Haven for the first time.

I look at it this way.... on a ship with 4000+ passengers, I'm happy to go against the flow and do whatever everyone else isn't doing!

For example:

We may not really need "priority embarkation" because from what I read, we will just walk onto the ship! No lines!

When we board in Civitavecchia, everyone else will be exploring Rome and we will have the ship to ourselves!

In Barcelona, we can take our time disembarking, enjoy a leisurely breakfast, and see the city when we want to, while the hoardes wait for their luggage tags to be called!

From the other thread posted by bugeater, I understand that some things may be a bit different from our typical cruise experience, with sail away parties and all, but I am looking forward to something other than a typical cruise experience. We'll have a sail away party right in our suite, thank you very much! I'll be prepared for a little confusion when we reboard in Barcelona, yes. I can live with that for all of the other benefits :)

Our main reason for booking Rome/Rome is that we want to spend extra time there post cruise. While neither Barcelona nor Rome is really a city you can properly see in a day, for us Rome is the priority so that's enough for me.

Hope this helps ease your anxiety... hey it's a cruise in the Haven!

Edited by kmurph22

I look at it this way.... on a ship with 4000+ passengers, I'm happy to go against the flow and do whatever everyone else isn't doing!

For example:

We may not really need "priority embarkation" because from what I read, we will just walk onto the ship! No lines!

When we board in Civitavecchia, everyone else will be exploring Rome and we will have the ship to ourselves!

In Barcelona, we can take our time disembarking, enjoy a leisurely breakfast, and see the city when we want to, while the hoardes wait for their luggage tags to be called!

From the other thread posted by bugeater, I understand that some things may be a bit different from our typical cruise experience, with sail away parties and all, but I am looking forward to something other than a typical cruise experience. We'll have a sail away party right in our suite, thank you very much! I'll be prepared for a little confusion when we reboard in Barcelona, yes. I can live with that for all of the other benefits :)

Our main reason for booking Rome/Rome is that we want to spend extra time there post cruise. While neither Barcelona nor Rome is really a city you can properly see in a day, for us Rome is the priority so that's enough for me.

This helped a lot. My DH looks at it the same way you do plus he said we will have the chance to meet more people.

For example:

We too are embarking in Rome (21st May) and am actually looking forward to getting on, getting a quick lunch and hitting those empty water slides! We also have no intention of even getting off in Barcelona (been there loads of times, nothing left for us) so another day of enjoying an empty ship....yes..I'll miss the big welcome aboard, but think everything else will more than make up for it! We finish off in Rome, with an apartment for two nights (with washing machine and sun terrace! That's my laundry done before I get home!!)