Star Mexican Debarking Time

platterb

Cruising on the 11/1 sailing and getting ready to book our flights. Couple of questions: Do you recall approx what time passengers began debarking and how long it took for NCL transfers to LAX?

I asked the same question a few months ago & a lot of people have been easily able to be at the airport by about 10:30 - 11:00 am ......but.... the airlines told me that if I booked a flight before 1 pm my cancellation insurance would not be valid. They said that passengers have been held up by customs etc and have not made it to the air port until noon or so... so I would not have left myself enough time to get to the airport.

Just to be safe, I would book a flight after lunch.

Time to get to the airport also depends on traffic, and what day of the week you disembark. I would book a flight after 1 and take your time getting off the ship and not have to worry about running late. Also, occassionally customs/imigrations will be held up with them checking over all NCL crew on board making sure they all have the appropriate paperwork.

We arrived at the terminal at 11:00 am and were poolside by 12:30pm. We would have been onboard quicker but made the mistake of standing in the latitudes members line which was much slower than the NCL newbie line...Oh well.....either way no complaints and it was a smooth procedure.

Archived