Il Adagio and East Meets West are gone! Just gone!

Love my butler

Thanks, Jim. I knew the menus changed at least a year and a half ago. I thought with the name change they might make the switch for breakfast and lunch. Il'Adagio is one of the prettiest small venus dining rooms in the fleet. It is nice to know that it will the room of choice for breakfast and lunch.

I hope the name change from Il Adagio to La Cucina means they did a total makeover. That dining area was very worn and dated the last time we were there (February '14).

:eek:You are freaking me out at the mere thought of a makeover for Il Adagio! Change the carpet, reupholster, whatever, but DO NOT change that lovely room. It is the most beautiful, cozy, romantic dining room I have ever seen anywhere. We do not need another nondescript ordinary dining room. I will be very upset if they do the fake Italian treatment like other La Cucinas. I will be very upset if the curved banquettes are replaced by square wooden tables, fake trees and mini lights.

Edited by punkincc

:eek:You are freaking me out at the mere thought of a makeover for Il Adagio! Change the carpet, reupholster, whatever, but DO NOT change that lovely room. It is the most beautiful, cozy, romantic dining room I have ever seen anywhere. We do not need another nondescript ordinary dining room. I will be very upset if they do the fake Italian treatment like other La Cucinas. I will be very upset if the curved banquettes are replaced by square wooden tables, fake trees and mini lights.

I should've said they needed to replace the upholstery, carpeting, etc. It was filthy a couple of years ago and still looked as bad in past winter. I agree the setting is very, very nice.

I love Il Adagio. My fear is that if the sun is refitted with two bedroom family suites that Il Adagio - now La Cucina will be too small to accommodate the extra suite pax and they will move the suite breakfast and lunch venue on the sun to Cagney's and it will be normal like the others I'm not extraordinary like it is now.

I guess all good things must come to an end, but I'm not ready.

I love Il Adagio. My fear is that if the sun is refitted with two bedroom family suites that Il Adagio - now La Cucina will be too small to accommodate the extra suite pax and they will move the suite breakfast and lunch venue on the sun to Cagney's and it will be normal like the others I'm not extraordinary like it is now.

I guess all good things must come to an end, but I'm not ready.

My sentiments exactly Donna. BUT, I do have to add that the existing Il Adagio venue does not work for groups of 5 or more. Too cramped in the booths for 5, and awkward for 3 in the booth and 2 at a table across. It is a gorgeous room though!:)

My sentiments exactly Donna. BUT, I do have to add that the existing Il Adagio venue does not work for groups of 5 or more. Too cramped in the booths for 5, and awkward for 3 in the booth and 2 at a table across. It is a gorgeous room though!:)

When we were last on the Sun there was a family of six who were booked in 2 suites. They took two booths and rotated. It was fun to see who sat with who each day. I believe the Sun suites only sleep 4 max to a room and with only 20 suites it really was a great space for breakfast and lunch. I adored my favorite window seat each morning. I expect by my next Sun cruise in Oct. it may be a new venue. Oh well.