Brand spanking new cruiser...questions

I recently booked my family (DW,DD,DS) and extended family on the Legend for next year. I have been reading these posts every day and continually hear of people getting upgraded, having the cost of their cruise go down, etc. I booked thru a TA. SO...should I occassionally ask her about an upgrade? Do I call & ask her to check the price if it goes down? I don't want to bug her constantly but at the same time I don't want to miss out if an occassion arises. Also how does one get an upgrade? Is it just luck or do you guys pester someone or...?

Thanks for any and all answers:D

A good TA will watch the prices for you; however, they usually are very busy so most of us watch the prices ourselves and if we see a price drop we call our TA. Have a great time planning your cruise. :)

The upgrade depends partly on how you booked, with who and what you are willing to pay. If you booked GTY then you could get a free upgrade (maybe just higher on the ship or better location).

As above if you and your TA watche for price drops on all cats then if one drops and you would like that cabin you can transfer to it. ie you have and inside, mid-ship but an outside just dropped in price to within $50.00 pp that you paid, you like it so you pay the $100.00 diff and get upgrade to it. Now a week later that cabin has gone up in price by $200.00 pp. You do not have to worry you already have the cabin. The other thing that has happened in the past is sometimes if your cabin goes down before final payment you can request a drop in your payment. If it happens after final payment then you usually will get nothing (but once in awhile a really good TA may get you a small cabin credit).

Archived