Masquerade Ball

cajun_corgi

We will be on QM2 on June 22 sailing out of Hamburg, and notice that one of the formal nights is a masquerade ball. What does this mean? Will people really come in costumes, or just masks, or will it just be the staff that are

masquerading?

Any ideas will be helpful.

Thanks

We will be on QM2 on June 22 sailing out of Hamburg, and notice that one of the formal nights is a masquerade ball. What does this mean? Will people really come in costumes, or just masks, or will it just be the staff that are

masquerading?

Thanks

You might want to try the search function http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=50126925

Hullo Cajun Corgi

The balls are really not that big an event.

First they do not start until around 9.45p.m , in the Queens Room, nothing in any other area.

For Masquerade, a simple eye mask would be sufficient, but to be honest less than 50 % wear a mask, most just observe the dress code for that night.

The masks sold on board are expensive, so if you are going to wear one, you may wish to obtain (or make one) before the cruise.

Black and White of course is simple, Ascot simply wear a summer type, (floor length if you have one ) gown , wearing a hat to parade around the room at about 10.15 could be fun, but for those of us who have to fly, this is not possible.

For info only, here is my wardrobe. Black dress/White stole/"diamonds and gold " large bling necklace /Black bag with brooch to match Bling, for B/W ball

Masquerade, Black dress/Gold stole/Gold sequin bag/Black and gold eye mask (often carried not worn)

Ascot, muted multi pink floral chiffon, matching bag, and pink lace stole. Pink sequin necklace

Other nights, I wear simple straight floor length dresses ( Navy. Dark red, simple two -colour florals,) for formals I rely on eye catching stoles bags, and necklaces.

I wear the same dresses in rotation several times on the cruise (I usually cruise 14-21 days), with different stoles, bags, necklaces, I carry at least 12-16 different combinations .

My stoles and bags are "attention" getting , not the dresses.

Have fun, obeying the dress code is part of the fun, but it does not mean that you have to wear a different $$$$$ dress every night. Mix and match and be creative. My cruises in July will be # 22-24 with Cunard, have cruised over 50 in total, love formal nights but never spend more than $50 on the dress.

Lynn

masquerading?

Thanks

Jim'sGirl got this one right on(as usual)I'd get a mask at home,as the ones on the ship ARE really pricey & not that great.

Hullo Cajun Corgi

The balls are really not that big an event.

First they do not start until around 9.45p.m , in the Queens Room, nothing in any other area.

For Masquerade, a simple eye mask would be sufficient, but to be honest less than 50 % wear a mask, most just observe the dress code for that night.

The masks sold on board are expensive, so if you are going to wear one, you may wish to obtain (or make one) before the cruise.

Black and White of course is simple, Ascot simply wear a summer type, (floor length if you have one ) gown , wearing a hat to parade around the room at about 10.15 could be fun, but for those of us who have to fly, this is not possible.

For info only, here is my wardrobe. Black dress/White stole/"diamonds and gold " large bling necklace /Black bag with brooch to match Bling, for B/W ball

Masquerade, Black dress/Gold stole/Gold sequin bag/Black and gold eye mask (often carried not worn)

Ascot, muted multi pink floral chiffon, matching bag, and pink lace stole. Pink sequin necklace

Other nights, I wear simple straight floor length dresses ( Navy. Dark red, simple two -colour florals,) for formals I rely on eye catching stoles bags, and necklaces.

I wear the same dresses in rotation several times on the cruise (I usually cruise 14-21 days), with different stoles, bags, necklaces, I carry at least 12-16 different combinations .

My stoles and bags are "attention" getting , not the dresses.

Have fun, obeying the dress code is part of the fun, but it does not mean that you have to wear a different $$$$$ dress every night. Mix and match and be creative. My cruises in July will be # 22-24 with Cunard, have cruised over 50 in total, love formal nights but never spend more than $50 on the dress.

Lynn

Jimsgirl nailed it. The masked ball is a bit of fun, but not a big deal costume wise. Lots of passengers do not wear masks. By the way, we are on the same crossing and looking forward to the beauty of the QMII.