question about balcony rooms on Magic

ajtaylor29

Taking my first cruise on the Magic this June, yea! We've got a balcony, deck 8 port side towards the front. in looking at deck plans and photos, i see that the Lanai (deck 5?) extends out so it seems like deck 6 midship you would be looking right down on the Lanai? And, deck 10 (?) extends out so that deck 9 balconies would be more shaded. Am i looking at this right? So, deck 8 i think should be high enough not to be bothered by noise from hot tubs on the Lanai, and 2 floors below the bump out of deck 10 so we'll still get some sun?

I always obsess about whether i've picked the right cabin, but in my 3 cruises so far i've loved every one of them! I'm sure this one will be fine, but just wondering.... :)

You pretty much have it correct. Maybe just me, but I don't really care for the wrap around deck that sticks out where I can't see the waterline...You might consider one of the L shapes also as your balcony is twice as large with a lounger for the same price. We had 7455 in March. You can check the deck plan and here is a video that shows it. These do sell out quickly as there are just a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vysq6c4wvU

Edited by overthehillcruiser

You pretty much have it correct. Maybe just me, but I don't really care for the wrap around deck that sticks out where I can't see the waterline...You might consider one of the L shapes also as your balcony is twice as large with a lounger for the same price. We had 7455 in March. You can check the deck plan and here is a video that shows it. These do sell out quickly as there are just a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vysq6c4wvU

Nice balcony! I agree, i'm thinking i won't like not being able to look straight down and see the water line. Last year on the Freedom, my husband and i had the aft-wrap and LOVED that balcony! This cruise, i'm taking my best friend who's never been on a cruise before. I debated getting an aft extended (they were available at the time) but decided that i wanted to be closer to the center of things for my friends first cruise experience, and port side so we could watch the pier runners!