snorkeling

debby1961

I plan to go to Snorkel Park at Kings Wharf in Sept. It was suggested on a post that you should wear water shoes due to the rocks. I prefer to use fins when I'm in the water. Is the condition of the beach or bottom of the water that rocky that only water shoes should be used?????

You need something on your feet. I wore flippers and the person who I was with wore aquasocks. Either is fine.

You need them at Tobacco Bay too... not because of rocks, but because of broken beer bottles! :(

We were at the snorkel park two weeks ago and it was excellent. You do need to have shoes or flippers on -- it is very tough on the feet without them. We had a blast their -- rented some chairs, umbrella, and snorkel equipment. We took some underwater camera's (one use ones from the grocery store) and got some really good pictures.

We were at Horseshoe and Jobsons cove the day before, and while there were fish there, the waves and current had a lot of sand stirred up in the water. At the snorkel park it was very clear.

It is surprisingly shallow all out through the snorkel park. Even way out around the corner of the fort it was only a few feet deep, but you still see many fish of various kinds.

Just back last week from Bermuda on the Horizon and found that Shelly Bay was a good place to go snorkeling. I have never gone snorkeling before but I saw a lot of different fish. Also the water was very shallow and seemed like a good size to go snorkeling. The only disadvantage of visiting this beach would be that there is a park nearby and when I went there were many kids there.

Archived