Help! Ocean View Cabins on Prinsendam

casamariposa

I'm considering a cruise on the Prinsendam for 2015. (Already booked for this year.) I was looking at a category C, specifically cabin 334 (or 337), which comes up when I try to make a "dummy booking" as "partially obstructed ocean view." I've been on the ship before, but not that location. I'm puzzled because, unlike the S-category ships, that cabin is not facing the surrounding deck. It is against the hull, like the outside cabin I had in the forward section on a lower deck last year. Is anyone on Cruise Critic familian with this particular cabin location? Is the window, perhaps, partially blocked when the gangway is being lowered? When I look at a photo of the ship, I don't see any obstruction in that area. (From looking at the deck plans on line, I realize that HAL is changing the letter categories, but that has nothing to do with the cabin number. Thanks for any help you can offer me.

I can't see any possible obstruction in any of the photos I looked at, and the deck plans don't have a triangle denoting "partial sea view" on either of those cabins ... or anything else in the vicinity.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=pr&deck=m&deep=0

I doubt that they would tag a cabin as partially obstructed just for a temporary condition like a lowered gangway. I think it's simply an error, but I guess you'll have to call HAL to be sure.

Edited by jtl513

I sent a note to HAL a couple of weeks ago about this. They've responded that they're going to respond. I think that they list partially obstructed by category, and that the old (sorta current) deck plans had some category C that were partially obstructed. In the new plans those are category D. I go by the symbols shown for each room on the deck plans that will be in place for my cruise in August.

Trish

Just noticed that the link to deck plans was through 9 May 2014

Would be best to use from 10 May 2014

Windsailer - I can't imagine what the obstruction would be - we were in E329 (great cabin by the way) and we had a completely unobstructed view.

Windsailer were there any noise issues with E329

They would be the same as far as any obstruction - only the cabin categories are changing, from D to C for 334 and 337

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=pr_2&deck=m&deep=0

Edited by catl331

Windsailer - I can't imagine what the obstruction would be - we were in E329 (great cabin by the way) and we had a completely unobstructed view.

Windsailer were there any noise issues with E329

Nope. No noise issues. Great location. I'd get that cabin again.