Breakaway?s

LorettaD

My hubbie and 2 kids 10 and 6 just booked the breakaway to Bermuda. We leave in 3 weeks and have a mini suite on deck 9. Any recommendations for things not to be missed? Also we are thinking of purchasing the dining plan. It is on sale for 99$, we are latitude members do we get an extra 20$ off? Also is the cirque show free the first night with dining plan?

Thanks

I went last year with my daughter who was 10 at the time. She really enjoyed the Cirque show and Burn the floor. She did enjoy the kids camp. In Bermuda, she enjoyed going to the caves, and Elbow beach. She enjoyed sitting outside at the Italian restaurant. Also the ice bar.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My hubbie and 2 kids 10 and 6 just booked the breakaway to Bermuda. We leave in 3 weeks and have a mini suite on deck 9. Any recommendations for things not to be missed? Also we are thinking of purchasing the dining plan. It is on sale for 99$, we are latitude members do we get an extra 20$ off? Also is the cirque show free the first night with dining plan?

Thanks

We purchased the dining plan for our cruise in 2 weeks and we paid $119, no discount, and we are Gold members.

And yes the Cirque show (includes a dinner) is free the first night only if you purchase the dining plan. All other nights are not free.

Thanks for your reply. Does anyone recommend getting the dining for kids? I was going to let them order off kids menu in the specialty restaurants. I ask so heard the cover charge for them is half price. Can anyone elaborate who has experience eating in specialty restaurants with kids? Thanks

Thanks

Hi Lorettd,

Just wondering where you saw the promo price for the dining plan @ $99.? I checked on NCL's website and the price is still $119. Thx!

When I go into my reservation online it comes up at 99$ to buy the ultimate dining. Not sure if it is a sale or that is the 20$ savings for being platinum latitudes. I have read we get 20$ savings on dining plan since we get a free le bistro dinner as a platinum perk.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I go into my reservation online it comes up at 99$ to buy the ultimate dining. Not sure if it is a sale or that is the 20$ savings for being platinum latitudes. I have read we get 20$ savings on dining plan since we get a free le bistro dinner as a platinum perk.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are platinum latitude, the $99 is indeed the $20 discount since you will not be using the UDP one evening when you use your platinum dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine. UDP is not on sale - it is discounted because of your latitude level. No discount for Gold (or any other platinum level) since they are not eligible for a free dinner for 2 yet.

If you are platinum latitude, the $99 is indeed the $20 discount since you will not be using the UDP one evening when you use your platinum dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine. UDP is not on sale - it is discounted because of your latitude level. No discount for Gold (or any other platinum level) since they are not eligible for a free dinner for 2 yet.

Oh that makes sense!! We're only Gold therefore do not get the free dinner. However at $119 I don't think it's a great deal for us because we have free dinner and wine from TA.

Thanks

I can't comment on the dining plan, but my 9&6 yo boys loved the water slides (not the drop slides, they weren't big enough), ropes course and the spider climber thing behind the ropes course. They also enjoyed burn the floor, mini golf and playing shuffleboard, though the shuffleboard areas were often busy.

Ds1 almost went up the rock wall, unfortunately he got sick just before his turn :(. A good time for this is to go during dinner hours, the line ups were much shorter and you could often try it a few times. The rock wall is two levels high, you can get a great photo by climbing up the stairs and watching on the deck that overlooks the rock wall.

Be warned, when an attraction closes, they just close it. If you are in line when they close, you don't get a turn. So watch carefully and gauge whether you think you will make it through the line before the closing time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. Does anyone recommend getting the dining for kids? I was going to let them order off kids menu in the specialty restaurants. I ask so heard the cover charge for them is half price. Can anyone elaborate who has experience eating in specialty restaurants with kids? Thanks

Hi. I would not get it for your kids. They are half price if they eat off the restaurant from the particular speciality dining restaurant you are at. (12 and under) and free if they order something like chicken fingers with fries. It would e cheaper to just pay for them. If you make reservations ahead of time you pay full price for the kids but they give you the credit for the kids when you eat there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app